Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

HAR long for the week?

Not applicable
GOeie more Suid Afrika just a matter of interest, who all is going long on harmony for the week?
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Tango
Super Contributor
I'm long since yesterday. HAR turned sharply on support, with a spike in volume. Indicates to me that a lot of buyers entered the market and that the support line is strong. Makes it look like a high probability trade. But I can't guarantee I'll still be in at the end of the week. Could be another day, could be a month - depends where the trade goes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Long since Friday on SBM @ 21
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Yip, long on the SSF. Initial target R120 & stop loss at R95.40 on the underlying.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I,m still adding.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Since last Monday AMSSBE up45%,AGLSBH up 27%,all with 12% stop-losses. See my original list on Warranrs in chat forum.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wtf, not looking bright for the day, whats up with that any views whats causing the drop, surely its gone out of the oversold position it was in?
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
Hi, Stupid question but what does one mean when they state they are going long or short on a particular share??
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Going long means you buy, thinking the share price will increase. Going short when you think the share price will decrease.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wat a K@k day for HAR
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Understatement. To make me feel better I added to my position. Now I feel a lot less k@kker. Hope Im not gonna regret this tomorrow.
0 Kudos
vusi_1
Contributor
In a week or so you will be smiling ... Fin Sector at its end ,,,Gold Sector turn ... Mark my words
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Hi Georgem. I'm also holding HAR, and not pleased with it's performance today (or mine - I pulled the trigger on my trade a day early.. too clever once again). My stop is just below the close today (on support again - hoping it will hold). If HAR looks to close in the red tomorrow I'm out. You should avoid adding to losing positions - on average, it doesn't seem to work. Keeping and adding to winning trades is a good idea.
0 Kudos
Paribus
Contributor
Does anybody else see the head and shoulders in HAR? Neckline joins 20/11/06 with 13/12/06.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yet another red day? ur views
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thx for the advice Tango. As usual u were right. I pulled the plug on my warrants early this morning and theyre still falling.I went short on TOPATP.In my opinion, theres stil quite a fall to come. What do u think?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Vusi. I hope youre right cos plenty people gonna get hurt if they stay in too long and it keeps falling. I played it safe, got out & went short on Top 40. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GeorgeM and i have more in common :) Also went short TOPATP yesterday. Looking pretty.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The JSE what a Fcuk up same goes for harmony!!! wheres the harmony in harmony? i didnt invest so much but im gonne ride it out i just dont understand why she keeps falling, i think major shareholders are K@KING in their pants about now, watch it turn around and soar to new hights in the near future
0 Kudos