Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

HAR....the rally continues...John you still badmouthing anyone who calls HAR long?

Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Chartist, I believe we are on the verg of the much anticipated run on Harmony. Gold price has gone through the roof, so I am expecting a good upwards shift tomorrow. Any thoughts out there?
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
You're right on the money with Harmony Chartist.Have been watching(and chuckling at)the comments towards yourself and your comments on gold and Harmony over the last couple of weeks.I bought a bundle of HARSBCs a while ago on my own belief in the stock and upward direction of the gold price(fundamentally).Ja so nice one Chartist.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja up 4.7% on Nasdaq with good volume (way above average).....
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
Up 4.5%, with ALSI, FTSE and DOW down today... Chartist, what's your target for this one? Think it will make it up to 85 / 90 before March contracts expire?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes my target is 82...irrelevant to me cause I bought some HARSBB at 7c which expire in 13 days....not something I usually do but this was such an obvious trade and the risk reward just made sense....100% return not bad....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist, arrived bk at my desk at Morgan Stanley in London this morning from my 3 week hol in CT and thanks to you the day was not as bleak as it should be considering it is 2 C outside and I sat next to a crying baby on the planeas followed your adamant advice and bought a stack of HAR futures at ZAR 66.50. Thank you very much
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
great call Chartist. your opinions are greatly appreciated. so after the strong run up today , is it too late to buy now for further upside?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Electrocox...I wouldn't chase it now...there will always be pullbacks with this kind of rally people will always be wanting to take some profit along the way
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hilarious guys! Chartist - what eventually happened between yourself and Clive Roffey? Did it get sorted out?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Tuco
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist. Please explain why you think it was such a low risk trade. If you look at basics, price and RSI broke well below medium term support in mid Dec. Looked like a good short then.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Fresh....TASSA who was supposed to have a hearing (roffey is on the committee) haven't resolved the matter ....they made me do a lot of work in order that they gather evidence so that a hearing could be held and when I called Victor Hugo last he was very very evasive....they just want it to go away now....despite them coming out with guns blazing when I made the complaint initially...it is clear they are a totally useless bunch of individuals who use the association to promote their own products....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
pp...in the words of the great Clive Roffey..."i predict markets moves before they happen"....(as opposed to after they happen)....you need to look at the video...
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
On the back of chartists comments i baught the 20k i said i would on 06-12-2007 and as of today i am in the green! I think we will finally see the long anticipated HAR breakout.....heres why....http://www.screencast.com/t/aRls36Nq4S -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 28 Nov 22:37 [Reply] [Zoom Out] Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by grandmaster on 28 Nov 23:05 Nice one Chartist-Thanks Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by aelric on 29 Nov 09:07 HI chartist... what happened to the video?? Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by divz on 29 Nov 09:12 Chartist cannot fin url Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by yrg on 29 Nov 09:38 chartist, or anybody who managed to watch the video - can you please summarise - thanks! :) Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by saash on 29 Nov 09:43 Also cannot access. Would love to view. Tx Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by LN on 29 Nov 09:46 THANX made my 50% happy now - wait for a new entry Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by hennie on 29 Nov 09:48 He said that we should see this the break out today Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 29 Nov 10:24 sorry guys....this one maxed out my bandwidth...will buy more...when is SFM gonna sponsor me? Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by john on 29 Nov 10:34 Prehaps you should approach the Harmony's sponsor broker for sponsorship. Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by BARNARD on 29 Nov 11:36 Hey Chartist. been watching your postings from office in Ldn and saw your video so decided to go long on a load of Harmony futures. Lets hope you right!!! What are your expectations for the breakout. What would be a target level if indeed it does break upwards? Thanks Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 29 Nov 11:38 Barnard...God the weight of responsibility rest heavily....just as well u in London... Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by saash on 29 Nov 11:56 Screencast tells me page not found - why can they see and I cant - not fair. whaaa whaaa. Re:Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by patch1 on 29 Nov 12:04 got the same prob...also wat to see what its all about...always hear about the gap plays Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by BARNARD on 29 Nov 13:33 ....I might be in London now chartist but bk on hol in CT in 2 weeks.... so will hopefully be buying you a beer with my harmony money!!! Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 29 Nov 17:35 3.5% higher close...volumes ok....would have liked to see more... Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Copper on 29 Nov 22:59 i dont know chartist. I hardly see this as close to breakout volumes.Very paltry indeed. Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by divz on 29 Nov 23:09 Agreed copper ave volumes approx 1300000 over last year today only 890 so not convincing yet but 3 plus perc in a day not too shoddy Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by divz on 30 Nov 08:43 Maybe the fitch ratings have something to do with it ....FITCH RATINGS has said the majority of SA companies are stable. The company was rating 37 SA companies. HARMONY GOLD, BARLOWORLD, ESKOM and SUPER GROUP were issued a negative outlook. LIBERTY LIFE was the only company to be given a positive outlook. Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 30 Nov 12:51 so... doing nicely.... Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by BARNARD on 30 Nov 15:35 resources are charging nicely. At what levels would you look to sell HAR. Unfortunately still short on AMS. time to close pos on AMS, oracle?!! Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 30 Nov 16:11 u gonna have to buy me more than a beer for that info... Re:Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by BARNARD on 30 Nov 16:18 ja,ja, you can have as many beers as you can drink.... in one night, whats your verdict? Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by BARNARD on 30 Nov 17:19 Hey, well you will atleast get 1 beer!! Thanks for the vid though, intresting way to learn. decided to sell out at 74. turned out alright, but we will see what happens monday. either way have a nice profit, so thanks. feel free to send more of those vids any time!! hung on to AMS. hoping strikes might knock it down a bit. check you in CT. Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by uncle on 01 Dec 07:32 Got in yesterday Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 02 Dec 23:56 Barnard....look for 85 and then a pullback Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by BARNARD on 03 Dec 17:45 cool, I will get bk in tomorrow. thanks. Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Mr.Bean on 04 Dec 22:11 Chartist, I am dying to see what the video is about, but still cannot get access. Please can you check the URL or send us the new one? I have stocked up on Harmony, cant waite for the move. Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 05 Dec 08:18 my bandwidth is maxed out....1200 hits on some of the videos ....ask sfm to sponsor it Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 06 Dec 18:49 The breakout should be confirmed with good volumes and a nice little rally tomorrow.... Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Project Director on 06 Dec 19:50 OK, Charto, i am sticking 20k on it happening. I will hold it for a week, come hell or high water and report back. Re:Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Project Director on 04 Jan 09:15 On the back of comments from the CHARTIST I baught 20kRSA on 06-12-2007 and as of today i am now in the green. Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 07 Dec 07:45 HAR up 4.09% on NYSE close....1.2 million volume (less than average) also slightly up in after hours trading....so who sets the price? I don't really know.....Simon reckons its where the volume is....I dont think there is a definitive answer unless the volumes are totally disproportionate....(which in this case it isnt) Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by hdk on 07 Dec 11:57 Chartist, if you look at Sun International the same patern exists. Downtrend with support line now squeezing. Can we expect a breakout here. Been holding onto a few shares for a while and need to either stoploss or hold and hope. What's your opinion Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 11 Dec 20:18 better volumes and nice intraday price action today.... Re:Video: HAR.....the big breakout....finally we (will) have it by Chartist on 11 Dec 20:20 better volumes today and nice intraday price action bodes well for days to come...up over 4%
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
Chartist, regarding your comment about predictions - only 50% success rate but I must admit I have only been following for last month or so! You appear to be right on HAR but wrong on WOOLIES!
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
Just sold for a very nice profit... thanks for the heads up on HAR Chartist.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
0 Kudos