Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

HAR

Russ
Super Contributor
Yet again has failed to break through that famous 120 or so level that Clive Roffey always gets so excited about.Any predictions on how far it will drop?
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
Wizard
Super Contributor
Do u have the balls to short it??
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
I know I don't.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
STB target price is R107 with average gold price of $900 for 2009. I just took out a very small, totally irresponsible short - with a target of R100
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Excellent move, Tjops!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I bought some harsbp at 22 a couple of days ago.Not high gearing unfortunately.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We will soon find out if I am a tjop or not. Trade is purely based on gut feel (a trader's enemy) and is banking on a gap close.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
How do u people short an upward trend of a share. Since 10 Sep, HAR has been doing just one thing.....going up!!
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Very very short term short - all the indicators point to grossly overbought and is a pullback overdue.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
The short for this one was yesterday. Today you've missed out but may be able to squeeze a bit out of it.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I agree...but it's still a dangerous game :)
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Wiz,once before I went long when I thought it would get through this resistance level.It just plummeted as it often seems to do at this level,so this time I decided to short it instead. Also it has run hard and was very overbought.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Still handsome?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The momentum is behind Gold...that resistance will go this time round and uncle Roff can finally go to heaven!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Hi Brazen.I don't think so,yet girls keep throwing their bras at me.I don't know why.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I like The Roff.I hope he lives to see Har at 170 again.Personally I would like to see it drop back to 62 first.
0 Kudos
Sugar_Snap
Frequent Contributor
Hi Tjop, gold = always high risk and you should know, the higher the risk the higher the returns. Go for it. I am on GFI short. Just don't hold on too looong.
0 Kudos
Sugar_Snap
Frequent Contributor
Yes I agree, trust your gut feel though you cannot render any reason for it. I practise the following: When in doubt, get out = gut feel will prevail.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wizard, you and I are working on different time frames. I put my trade in for 1 or 2 days max (although I might rethink depending on todays gold price action). I noticed that there were very few buyers yesterday (virtually no bids above 11150), which is why I thought i safe to put in a tight stoploss. I agree with you that the longer term likelyhood is up from here. I just don't know if HAR is the horse to be riding though,
0 Kudos