Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

HAR

Wizard
Super Contributor
Roffey said last night.The share is falling, but because it doesn't close at the low of the day it means there a lot of buyers! :)
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
CE
Super Contributor
He also said a lot of other stuff !
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
He is a fool that gives our art a very bad name.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Stop attacking Roffey. You are communicating in public. If I were Roffey, you will be in court before you know it.
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool (Wm Shakespeare)
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Confucius says: "When called an idiot sometimes is better to be quiet, than open mouth and remove all doubt".
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
By all meanse...Put all your money into his Hot Tips!
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
If Roffey can't take criticism, then he shouldn't be in the game.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Douw, I think the point of Tec analysis is that it alows you to trade in the most profitable markets because you can watch and trade all markets and all shares using the tools of the trade. The fact that he has always, in every show, I have seen of his over the last year and a half punted gold. This has been far from the the best indicies in the market. There is a very good chance that if you had taken his advice you would have lost substantial amounts of money. So my question is: Who is really talking in public,and who should really be careful about comes out his mouth?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what the roffster was trying to point to was the lows HAR makes daily... and the support the bulls bring not letting it close on the lows... but he didnt expand the chart and back test or show the upward shadows over the past few days... and try figure out if its really support... dont just follow.. read what its about.. and do some of your own research... dont blame the roffster if he gets it wrong... you still handed over your money... making you the bigger fool... omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Douw - u really wanna get me going dont you....this is a man who claims that he gets 80% of calls right - he is a liar and I have called his honesty into question for the seemingly selective bouts of amnesia which he has from time to time - I have said this to him myself, publicly and to the TA association of South Africa... one of Roffeys most certain calls and I use his words "the golds are going to take off - I am speaking about a matter of days not months" - said a few weeks ago just before the golds sold off yet again....
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Further: I am not a Roffey follower, but the intensity of the attacks on his person is not right. It also creates a negative atmosphere on the forum. Take the good of what he is saying and simply ignore the rest.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think the point being made here is that there no good being said
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i enjoy watching the roff... i feel he packs alot of knowledge into his 5min blurb... if you ignore the "buy DRD" and "i'm more than happy with gold" mantra and unpack his method and technique... there's something to learn... or a share to look at further... this week he called WEZ & DMR ... and judging by its move... i'd say there alot of ppl following...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I take you point and I am quite happy to leave Roffey to peddle his snake oil as long as he doesnt misrepresent himself. Just stop to think about just what it means it is to be claiming that you get it right 80% of the time. Taking peoples money based on this claim is fraudulent no two ways about it. But then again I am just a "chat room know it all".... I am sure everytime someone hands money over to Roffey he has a good old chuckle....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I take your point and I am quite happy to leave Roffey to peddle his snake oil as long as he doesnt misrepresent himself. Just stop to think about just what it means it is to be claiming that you get it right 80% of the time. Taking peoples money based on this claim is fraudulent no two ways about it. But then again I am just a "chat room know it all".... I am sure everytime someone hands money over to Roffey he has a good old chuckle....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
think fraud is a strong word to use... might get you into trouble with ol' douw.. and communicating in public... lets go with misrepresentation :)
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
Chartist has a point. The more people who become aware that the market can attract less than honourable 'experts' the better. Take the crooks Jack Milne, Gary Porrit and Sue Bennet of Tigon for example. I'm not lumping Rof with them, just drawing a comparison.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Incredible how people are prepared to hand over money to people with alacrity who make claims that by handing over that money they will be enriched. The money is handed over without even a cursory inquiry into their qualifications or credentials....The question you need to ask is would you go a doctor who claims to be able to give medical advice if you were not sure he had a qualification? My run in with Roffey started a while ago when I was considering subscribing to his newletter - as a matter of course I asked what his credentials were - all he could tell me in his arrogant, who the hell are you to ask anyway, way is that he has a major in Mathematics (and of course a PHD in mettalurgy. Well that qualifies you to give advice to mines and help Johnny with his maths homework and thats about it. I have no doubt he has many years TA experience and has given many courses etc but is he a succesful trader? Is the information he is desseminating credible and does it represent the consenus of good TA practice and research? We dont know beacuse their in no body that sets standards. Just some thoughts before you hand over your money...
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
From some of your comments, I seem to be fairly low on the popularity ladder at this point in time, but think: As long as people can be exploited, there will be someone to exploit them. It is also very true that constant public degradation of a person will eventually destroy him or his career, the reason why there are strict laws against both exploitation and defamation. I have seen and heard many heartbreaking stories on both sides of the spectrum. What if Roffey is distroyed for only being so-called arrogant? I stick to my point, it is not right what you are doing.
0 Kudos