Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

HKGK !!

Not applicable
Any takers to where the TOP40 will decline to today? I would guess +- 2% (in line with the rest of the world) that would bring us to roughly 22 700 - 22 800.
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
RDB
Super Contributor
agreed, only bad thing is sure it will happen at open, which means you should have been short overnight
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Which I was...went short on a Wave warrant, going to ride the Banzai pipeline today!!
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
So, was this a knee jerk reaction to international invents or a sign of things to come?
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
I am just feeling bad for getting rid of 50% of my TOPDWZ last night at "only" 20% profit. Well at least I have the other 50% left. I just don't know when to let them go.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My problem exactly!! Don't like going to bed with open wave warrant positions, so I desperately tried to get rid of mine yesterday afternoon. Was I glad it never did. Now the question remains, take profit today or hope for more downside tonight?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
should be a historical day with an alltime low
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
I took my profits while they were there. Now I am looking what to do with the money.... Will tomorrow be a bounce back?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I also took profits. Not bad for one day's work...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Bouts I am afraid you got lucky mate. I see you tried to sell those yesterday. well done but...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, I fully agree with you, I was very lucky. I definitely did not anticipate the correction today. Just glad I did, could easily have gone the other way. Think I'll leave the waves for now - bloody knuckle ride of note!!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
There was fundamental and TA reasons to be short, And it was the right place to be. I think that this just means you need to have a look at what got you in and what got you out so that you in for all the right reasons next time. Trade to Trade well and money will come your way.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
J dude, what you reckon on a long? All lookin iffy but price action suggests it's holding, rather than giving it up. If the topi closes above 227 we could see green tomarra?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hows the head? Exactly This is not a market that is dropping, But it is all about the Yanks. I think I will use this time to scury back with most of my cash And let that crunch MM was talking about reveal itself. I am looking to dump My BIL for safty
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Head okay, thanks for askin. Red wine, aspirin, and something from Grandma's medicine cabinet, an all pain disappears. Heck, so do my lips. Anyways, we long overnight on topi. System says support/resistance + price action. If it bounces off 227 we got a new upleg of a resumption, I figger, no disrespect to MM, gaw blessim an a genuflect on his picture pinned to me wall..
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
cash close below 227, futures just went below 227 as well
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
just got stopped out of long
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
just took small long @ 22,620 again - long just seems soooo tempting
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
another small long @ 22,602 - futures closed at 22,595, looking at dow to close above 12,100 else I don't think we will see a green open
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
dow selling off once again, if 11,980 don't hold who knows how far we gonna go
0 Kudos