Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

HOW TO LOSE MONEY...

Not applicable
1. Buy based on chat forums small talk 2. Sharetip websites 3. Hot tips ..The best jobs are NEVER advertised ..The best property deals are GONE before it gets to the Classifieds .. The real gems on the JSE are never spoken about! I have experienced this, searched many websites etc, not much said about these gems, yet their prices steadly grow.. Anyway just my thoughts!
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
john_1
Super Contributor
As a regular contributer of small talk I take offence. but your post clearly highlights that wealth on the market is going to always be just out in front of you never quite within your grasp.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
well? are you going to share the names of the gemms with us/
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dolphinshark ...I couldnt agree more....there are big ppl and little ppl...I wish I was big
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As a regular contributor of small-talk john, maybe u should read between the lines and, well, if the shoe fits............
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Ja George, what you gotta do is buy based on forum BIG talk. Now there's a strategy ... ...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
IS THIS BIG ENOUGH????????
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
True about the best jobs not being advertised. I've got the best brides by handing out Happy Meals in the Ukraine. Amazing how effiecient those gals are if you throw in a few fries and a free toy.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Ek dink dis net suur druiwe wat praat. I have picked up some very good tips and advice on the forum.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Exactly. Like the fact that SKALA will eliminate annoying people for a small fee.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WELL SAID. All the stuff out there is all junk. Study a technical analysis course. Do your own technical analysis and have plenty of capital before you start trading. And please do not trade with another mans opinion.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
U are entitled to your veiw which i respect,as long as u respect others that might hold the exact opposite veiw....If u read the RULES by which we are goverened on this forum u will see that we are not allowed to give direct tips....That is why i always declare my interest and see if any one else shares my veiw.....PERSONALLY i don't believe that every one on the forum is out to hoodwink me!....I also enjoy the chit chat especially on a bad day in which we all suffer....I do not take a cynical veiw of life in general and feel we all have something to contribute to make our planet a better place as we all have to share it.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Must be honest; seem to be losing my touch; old age, eye sight not good as used to be, trigger finger injured, cannot run anymore. But I never give up a "nice" contract!
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
shark get connected bru, its all about who you know and only you can change that. But if we gave you a heads up you would not use it.... Rule 1 dude.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There is a psychological principle called "target fixation". This means that one achieves what one concentrates on, even if you are trying to avoid it. Two well-known examples: (a) a motorcyclist may look at a tree next to a curve on the road, concentrate on it with a view to avoiding it, and then end up crashing into it; (b) a person with an alcoholic parent may see throughout their childhood what their parent is like when drunk, resolve to not be like that, and then become an alcoholic when older. Now, in a novel application of this "target fixation" principle to online trading, if we fixate on the possibility of losing money - even if we concentrate on the topic in order to avoid doing it - we may in fact end up doing just what we are trying to avoid. Thus anyone who reads a thread with a negative topic like this may be setting themselves up for a loss. Naturally the more one ponders ideas from such a thread, or even contributes to such a thread, the greater the chance that one will fall into the "target fixation" trap. The bottom line is that I've done myself a disservice by writing this, and you've all done yourselves a disservice by reading it. We should rather have spent our time debating positive topics such as "how to double your money in a month".
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
well said the power of positive thinking.... I had lapse last week and realise I had to focus again.... help myself to some profit from FSR... in one week now that is positive!
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
I've gotten some good tips here, remember the great run in SIM :) There were also some bad tips but only a fool will jump on a tip without doing their own analysis.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks for the responses, some very emotional chaps, lets hope you dont bring emotion to the equation when buying..
0 Kudos