Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Hammer Candle on BIL...

Not applicable
currently forming. If we can close at or above today's opening price of 145.60 then we have a serious bear market rally on our hands for the week. If we can close above 145.60 we will see all resources rally, especially plats (IMP etc.). Look for BIL to get to at least a re-test of 180.00 this week. Lets watch today's close closely...
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Not applicable
... closing at 145.90, expect a real rally in the next few days. This sets up a minimum target of 180.00
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
it depends on senitment. at the moment market is run by emotion/panic. There is no logic. If it was a predictable trend, then your analysis would be correct. Remember bulk of BIL income is derived from the chinese and US markets....make the sums
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
well you may be right there bear market rally overdue.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any ideas on how we can trade this? Market opening tomorrow is likely to be about 3%-4% higher tomorrow, if BHP moves higher in Aus. That means that there will be some downside risk on the JSE, especially if rand strengthens.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
D.R.? sentiment, logic, fear... none of these are predictable in any kind of market. Technical analysis to me is exactly these things, it is a study of the collective psychology of a market reflected in the price. a near perfect hammer candle is a wonderful tool to show a reversal of sentiment (fear,greed,panic or whatever you wanna call it) and therefore a reversal of trend (in the very short term at least). The price would not form the TA pattern or signal in question if the collective psychology of the market has not changed. Therefore this is still a logical market to trade in when you become a qualified market psychologist. Take it, don't take it but BIL at least will rally...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaaptjop, I use Pivot Points to determine an entry point on individual shares. With this in mind I then look for any gap on the opening price to close before I trade a short term rally like this will probably turn out to be.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes Wena, but knowing you... you're as sly as a fox and probably went long already just before the close.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Wena But can you do this with a futures contract? The bid/ask spread means you have to make a 2% move on the underlying share price just to break even.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it's not nearly that much, a 0.5% move in the direction of your trade should cover costs (on position size of R10000 or so).
0 Kudos
MCE
Occasional Contributor
Friday and Monday had exactly the same highs and lows... Any significance?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, it signals indecision. Means the market is not quite sure if it just wants to continue dropping...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Opened very Positive
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
well will we hold up and rally for few days, or is this just another trap!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It looks like another trap
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
I just took a nice profit on IMP, thanks for the heads up on the Hammer Candle Wena.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
wonder why this was a BUY recommendation at the top and still a buy now, PD.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So the Bus conductor threw out a few passengers at the close today, but with the price of petrol these days he has to ease the load... the bus will be speeding away tomorrow!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
...so without any brakes, where's the bend in the road?
0 Kudos