Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Hammered over the past week

FEK
Super Contributor
Forum, what are the views on Telkom, has been hammered recently
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Russ
Super Contributor
Probably a good time to get in again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Will they or won't they retrench? That's the question. If they do manage to get rid if the dead weight, then we could see more upside.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks, what upside targets do you have in place now
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am not a trader. Decided to invest in Telkom for the long term when the CFO bought R6000 000 worth of shares @ R18. I will hold on to Telkom for a while - 5 years +. Hopefully they start paying dividends again. I try to invest in current or potential high dividend payers.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
It is oversold and has come back to support. Since it is still in a solid uptrend I think this is the place to buy for another rally.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks Russ, is R40 the first target ? What targets are you seeing from here ?
0 Kudos
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
Could it be the offer to BCX that the market does not like? I am curious how they are going to integrate a new business while they are having internal problems It may not be so easy to retrench all the people to cut costs with the labour laws
0 Kudos
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
Go for it, you guys. It looks like you are right. I am more cautious - waiting for confirmation on stoch or RSI
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Flying high......whats the catalyst other than trading update ?
0 Kudos
md49
Contributor
Nice spotting FEK and Russ! Well played
0 Kudos
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
Great trade Russ and FEK!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks, with a little luck!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Great going for trading....but where is the future growth coming from.....is there possibly a merger with maybe Cell C....R40 is the level it was at around 2010
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Looks like it wants to get through 40 again.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Broke above R40, perhaps next target is R43 and then R55.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
with a R7 - R12 BEPS and around a R7 HEPS expected (as per the last trading statement), its currently only trading at a PE of about 6...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I think the breakout yesterday is a breakout of a reverse head and shoulders which sets up a longer term target of about R68. Don't ask me when!
0 Kudos