Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Harmony weighs up uranium

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Harmony weighs up uranium
Harmony Gold's uranium deposits at its Cooke Dump in Randfontein, west of Johannesburg, might be worth R4.97 billion, the company said on Friday.
The deposit might contain as much as 17.6 million kilograms.
Metal Bulletin, a London-based publication, said uranium was trading at R447.24 a kilogram. - Bloomberg
Published on the web by Business Report on June 22, 2007.

Well they would, wouldn't they.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
TJH
Frequent Contributor
Apparenty GFI also has has huge uranium deposits from Western Areas. When the gold mania gets underway these uranium deposits will play a big roll in ensuring that GFI (and others) goes well beyond R400.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the market remains totally unconvinced.....
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I also believe that "GFI" could increase substantially in share price. And when it does increase . it will be "Raining Dogs and Dogs"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
point is that uranium is everywhere, one of the most plentiful commodities. BUT it is cost of getting it into a useful format, that and the fact that nobody cared about it a while ago. So I expect to see a number of other miners suddenly discovering that they have heaps of the stuff and talking all bullish with the hope that it'll push the share price north. Certainly easier then the othter way of improving a share price, making profit ...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hello TJH,we miss your input,where have you been,are we too frivilous these days for your liking? Please post more!
0 Kudos
TJH
Frequent Contributor
Hi Barry. I was just about to post to your AMS question. See below. Which will now be at the top!
0 Kudos