Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Has anybody ever lost money as a result of one of my posts?

john_1
Super Contributor
In response to "how to lose momey" I was thinking if anybody has ever lost money as a result of any advice I had dished out on the forum. I chalenge the other regular contributes to ask the same question. Coversley I am much more interested if I have helped any of you to make moola with my post. Have a good trading day!
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
theyoungster
Super Contributor
john you made me some cash with some of your advice i obv dont rely fully on a punt, do my own research. keep contributing john!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Last year about June,July you posted something,cant remember what share it was,, i looked into it and shortly after invested about25k , made 12k profit in couple days and i remember u said u made too
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, I have never invested directly as a result of one of your punts. But, I value your contributions greatly, as I do Chartist, Barry, mkadir and others. I don't always agree, as you don't always with each other, but all your comments are informative and I am always learning. So, please don't be put off posting. This forum would be much poorer if you guys didn't share your wisdom...
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Well said Zephyr - always interesting and informative to read the posts of those more experienced.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
You cost me plenty Johno.......a skanky Russian bride I had to buy back in '06.....the maintenance has been breaking my chops dude & B won't have the slapper back either....this has been no "short squeeze" but a longterm nutcracker! Adios mate
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL I am so glad I could help get your nuts cracked mate. Being a mountain goat has its upsides but getting regular nutcracking is not one of them.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Stop rabitting on and give me a hot tip. Need to make money to restock wine cellar. Ok, so it's really the broom cupboard, but it's still pretty empty.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Welcome back Brazen. Here is your hot tip. If you planning to take anything out of ther broom cuboard do it with a flourish.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And Y baby, I warned you about bargain hunting didn't I. You know cheap is dear.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
talking of the wine supplies. All the french wine floating around SA at the moment is absolute rubbish. They be dumping their horrid wines. But rhe odd bin #220, a 2003 Pinotage is excellent, better then others at 3 times the price.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Keep up the research Simone. This is important work and should be funded.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Punting wine stock in times like these qualifies as contrarian thinking. Well done Simon. You can't loose with Odd Bins if you get the right #.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
...and provided the Freudian slip of the month. I also value your imput and follow your pointers after doing own research
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I seek to flatter no one, What I am interested in is if participation in This chat forum leads to losses or not.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Since it was my uncon.. that provided the slip. I don't as yet know what you are refering to, please enlighten me!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
that was the title of dolphinsharks's post that got me thinking. no slip
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tis the incorrect spelling of 'money' as 'momey'.
0 Kudos