Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Hats off for Chartist. !!!!!!

john_1
Super Contributor
How clever do all those wednesday bulls look this morning!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Howdy dude, shor looks like today's another kickin. The old daddy cow lookin like a girl right now. But keepin me powder dry - he'll find his gonads soon.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes ,this came suddenly,admitted Chartist did not say how long there would be a positive slant to the market.Best to get out this morning of the CALL warrants etc.The OVERALL TREND IS STILL POSITIVE but who was to know that a leading French bank would go belly up on its american housing assets.I've just delayed any buys i shall be contemplating for a few days,as there are many bargains outthere.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mornin Barry. Yus, cash is king right now. Murray Morrison warned last week to hang in - the correction ain't over yet. He sees the dow headed for 1290, the topi for around 2200. Sez bargain huntin season aint with us yet. Scary days, dude, but boy, what a rush..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The thing that I find strange is that french bank has been very very bearish on the US for months... based on the head of currency statergy talking on bloomburg. So if the are gettting nabbed then this thing is going to spead further. I expect to see test of the long term bull trend support. If the holds then I will be going shopping.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OUCH !!! this is going to be big down ... calling 5 % down for day
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Any of u seen what the Footsie did to INvestec? MAN 10% down! Gueess ole Investec should know their place he? U R an emerging market investment wannabe bank and we stick to our own so OFF u go thank you very much! Ai, bad treatment, gonna stick SA one big fat one.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't think its the Frog financiers that are the worry - its the ECB puttin cash into the market - shows regulators gettin worried. When the old dudes in suites get worried, punters start to pannic
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Amazing, not one of the property stocks on my streamer have trade yet this morning! Did someone break them??
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
As mentioned on 8 August, the downside is not over yet. The bullies climbed in on Wednesday and made a bit of money, That is going to happen on and off as the market rebounds, just to head south again. Until the charts tell us something different I will be lookiing for bounces to short, sell, wait for a bounce, buy, sell etc. until the charts tell me the downside is over in September, October?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I've been watching CNN,i see some of their commentators are calling this a 9/11 event(meaning it came out of the blue)as none were expecting it!Not all the blame can how ever be put on other markets as the Americans must be blamed for their loose money principles in the housing market ,which created the conditions that could be exploited.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
That's the problem of putting ones head on the block - some times it gets chopped off. But remember trading has little to do with being right or wrong - it's all about managing the exit via stop loss or selling in profit.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am here and my head is still very attached to my body...I only extend very small pieces at a time and those are the bits I can live without...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I recon I would be better off in this game with less head and bigger crystals.
0 Kudos