Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Having another bad day

gmoney
Contributor
they just keep on comming down and testing new lows.anyone have any idea when they will bottom out as i want to start buying back
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Shard
Super Contributor
When full capacity production resumes I guess.
0 Kudos
gmoney
Contributor
any idea when and what do you think the share will go down to
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
It has decoupled from fundamentals. PE of 2.74 this morning. It has become a guessing game where it will end. Fear is a powerfull emotion.
0 Kudos
gmoney
Contributor
i want to buy more ,the lower the better
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On a other forum there have been talks of a retraction down to 44c. That is not my opinion, just views out there.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Before Kiepie wrote that I was thinking anywhere between 40-50c was the possible bottom. Thats based purely on my interpretation of market sentiment and the current prevailing economic conditions. Its a gut feeling, just interesting to see that other people share it.
0 Kudos
gmoney
Contributor
i tend to agree [under 50 cents]then it should be a good buy for these times.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
They are unlikely to pay a dividend at their finals in March....There is a stockpile of chrome at most of the main producers which is sold on the open market.Only a small portion of chrome is sold on contract....The over supply is unlikely to be worked off for at least the next couple of years...Why hurry to get in again?When the price starts moving consistintly up,then thats the time to enter!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
You are right,Barry.You only have to look at mrf's chart before Jan 2007 to see how long it can stay flat. I fear this might be the case for other stocks too.Everyone wants to get in at the bottom but no one knows how long the stocks will churn around at the bottom.It doesn't help to have your money tied up like that.I agree that it is better to wait for them to get going again and start penetrating resistance levels (at least for the investors).We are in a bear market after all!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Russ,yes u are quite right...I see elsewhere on this forum,speculation about Anglo as it seems to be reaching a support....At the moment i,m waiting for it to jump up some as i see that as a good entry point for a put warrant....What many don't realise is that as a holding company ,it has many of the products that are all in surplus and depend on each other to grow the sales Especially industrial metals....If things really get bad yhe only metal that is likely to benefit is Simons relic!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i said on october 19 on the forum that if mrf breaks down through 97c the next support us at 78c, we have 4c to go before we hit the bottom
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just hit 70c next support is 65c
0 Kudos