Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Head and shoulders

kwagga
Super Contributor
Head and shoulders pattern completed - downside target price -8% to R212. omo
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
sponono
Super Contributor
you mean 212-(298-212)=126. but you first need a close below 212
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
126 i am a buyer
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Bil won't see R126 - I'll bet the farm on that.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Too many smaller waves to justify head and shoulders - I hope. The down side looks like an inverted Elliot with the a wave coming up. If it is indeed Elliot, the final c wave will take us to heaven - again I hope.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Weekly chart of BIL for now this is what i see ... Wedge to form ... http://chartupload.com/viewer.php?file=52765747932567153745.png
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
both of you seems to be on the right track: a close above 270 would be bullish a close below 215 would be bearish. that the sad part about techical analysis: most of the time its a waiting game
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
Currently the stock is going bearish, I guess the buyers have confidence or are thinking at these levels BHP is cheap. Going down to R126 its like expecting the brent crude to be at R35/ barrel next week
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
what time frame you looking at...on daily the H&S you looking at is not convincing because what trend is it reversing. If you looking at downtrend from feb 2011, then a reverse H&S will be more likely as it will mean market goes up...this pattern you see is just a complex corrective pattern and it will complete if the market reverses around the 200-210 level. If i get a signal anywhere below 220, then I will be long again on BIL. Below 200, well maybe a new 5 wave downtrend or a triple correction which is even more bullish. This market is just waiting for something, good or bad to show the way forward. And no amount of makeup will disguise it!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I am also still watching BIL. Been painful.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I don't agree with your analysis. The trend is not reversing. It not reversing on the MACD, Momentum or RSI. This downtrend started 27 Jan, and is still intact. The formation of the head and shoulders strated 28 Nov 2011. It completed on 22 March 2012. It could take a few days, but according to my analysis the break would be down towards support at 21200. http://chartupload.com/viewer.php?file=14237658633711995710.jpg I'm sitting on my hands and waiting for that break.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
The waiting is painfull indeed but switching on the candle sticks on the SB-chart reveals the downside inverted Elliot quite clearly, however distorted it may be. The "a" wave is nearing completion an I expect the "b" wave to approach 22900 after which the "c" wave should go north.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The way I see it, break down to confirm the H&S is below the current support between 226 and 231. There is a price divergence against the RSI with decreasing volumes, which suggests to me that support may hold.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Price action seems to be confirming your theory. Interesting to see the close price today.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lets see if volumes can push through the resistance on the down channel though, might come back off again.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
whats an inverted Elliot Wave?
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Inverted Elliott start of "c" wave seems to support tech analysis (see market overview key support). If there is no further breakups then we can expect mid 24000's on BIL soon (wave 4 high point).
0 Kudos