Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Health insurence

john_1
Super Contributor
I am currently with Discovery but am unhappy with the current level of cover.. What do you guys recomend.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
I suggest U check out the Fedhealth options. U can request a free email quote comparison from optivest.co.za
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
self-insurance....with a couple of hospital plans as back-up.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
I also was unhappy with medical aid cover and I phoned around and I appointed a broker she found me a plan that suited me and she saved me a few BOB as well.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
ALL medical aids are a sham. You will never get blanket cover for an affordable price. It is a tradeoff how much you want to get..
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
It does depend a lot on your own assessment of your health and your dependents.However in my own case I believe Medical aids are flawed due to corruption in the system-only way you can win is if you become a crook and put in false claims as many mant people already do.Consequently I opted out-i also use a lot of alternative practictioners that med aid does not cover anyway-I do have hospital cover.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
You get what you pay for... I'm with Discovery and I've never had any problems - only top service. They are the only medical aid with a AA rating in South-Africa. Proof that they are the best medical aid in the country. Full-stop. You can try fund all these things yourself, but you'll regret when your wife as premature twins and you have to fit the bill for R1.1 million. (BTW, I'm a Java programmer... and a lecturer...)
0 Kudos