Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Hearing that interest rate going up next next JAN 09

Not applicable
I read a article that the amount of cars repossessed by ABSA alone is 1350 cars a month. so if the interest goes up again. wat is to say that we r not going the same way as the STATES. The other things is that all the debt that is out there before the credit act come in. How safe is the banks. people so that next year interest is going to come down, but the way the rand/ dollar is going, i not so sure. Question why is it the U.S is in debt so bad that our currents is falling?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
The credit act as been her for how long ??? will it help us Banks ??? No way !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
One economist said that the rand is overvalued against the US $ how true is that?
0 Kudos
madmac
Occasional Contributor
Maybe shareholders will get cars instead of dividends ;-)
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Maybe I should blame Transnet or better the worm being eaten by the mossie in my garden
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
That was the IMF and it's total bull if you ask me; it's the dollar that's overvalued IMO.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
MPC does not meet in Jan, so no rate increase in Jan.
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
I'm sure the interest rate will go up - maybe in December - our inflation is way too high and the weak ZAR made it worse.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
You had better go and play "Stash the Cash" on Highveld Stereo. We are going down some more, and interest may go down in sympathy, but the ZAR is going to kill us.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
You can be sure that what is happening to the markets there is a deflationary environment forming, no interest hikes but cuts on the board comming.
0 Kudos