Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Heart Bypass at 42!

DEP
Super Contributor
I just did a 4 x heart bypass at age of 42.
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
richardw
Super Contributor
Not kidding? Wow, that's pretty hectic. How do you feel?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Recovering, day 8 after surgery - six week recovery process!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I wish u a speedy recovery and I am going for a check-up tomorrow!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Just found out two weeks ago, was getting a bit tired/pain during gym sessions.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
I am fair fit, gym reg.; non smoker; not over weight 69kg x 1.75m; so yeah, i'm still trying to find the cause. Maybe stress related?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WOW just like that ? Speedy recover there man !
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Golfing buddy, age 37, got a tripple bypass last Friday in Panorama as well.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yeah, looks like life is never boring, at least for me!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ouch, you have plenty of painful days ahead and remember do NOT lift your aarms above shoulder height. Very dangerous and could tear open the heart wounds, immediate bleeding and well.... on the bright side you got nothing better to do so you may as well make some cash trading.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Sorry to hear it. A 4x, any history of heart problems in the family?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Hey Bap, you're serious? Are you home?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Dad heart problems in his 60's, heavy smoker though.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
CPS sounds like you've been there!
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
God bless you and hope that you get well soon, Happy stressless trading :)
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
No worries MATE had the same thing at 40 after an insurance medical thought Uli Smit put the cables wrong but his wife is a better GP cause in the industry and the family got it did the angio gram hows that hot flush Its genetics mate . My dad is 66 and still going the pain mate is bad really bad do not cough drink plenty water , OK take 6g Vit C ,per day , Big time salmon Oil , Lipotropic factors for the homocystiene , co enzyme Q10 for the cholesterol medication ,do not miss a day of your meds ( Crestor is the agent of choice ) watch your brain mate you will have a personality change they do not know why they think the linear flow of that machine confuses it and a near death experience makes you think its not so bad to die so you care less , every time you have a pain you going to think you on your way out or you get light headed . Just some tips mate anyways once you start running again you will feel good , I just run and check the heart rate its like an addiction cheers
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Wow surf rat you could almost be my Dr.Doing 4 to 5 kms walk per day, that's helping me. Finding sleeping Difficult but improving everyday!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
And I thought you were just a surf rat :)
0 Kudos