Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Heart Bypass at 42!

Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
That is anxiety mate think you not going to wake up tomorrow get a month of stilnox from the doctor or the generic it helps last thing you need is that stress mate stay on your feet walking 4 km is fantastic mate ( are you hugging the pillow mate when you sleep take a pillow under the blanket on your chest makes a big difference got no idea why just try it )
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
thanks, surf rat! Will try.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Dep, like you I also had 4Xbypass, but I had it done when I was 52. I had no symptoms; I am a non smoker and was physically active. The doctors could not find the cause, and attributed it to family history. My artery blockage was picked up, after I took my wife to a physician for check-up and when he was finishe he had a cancellation and i asked him if could give me a check-up. Anyway that was over 11 years ago, I have had no problems whatsoever since then, I visit my cardiologist once a year for check-up and take my medication (10g lapitor, 5G Tritace and half disprin) and so far so good. My diet in general is good and I gym 5 to 6 days a week. Take care, and you will live a normal life. Good Luck.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
A friend of mine recently had to go for a heart transplant. The surgeon said you can have a doctor's heart for R25000, a priest's heart for R50000 or an attorney's heart for R250000. he asked why the attorney's heart was so much more. The surgeon replied we have to go through a lot of attorney's to find a heart. Oh by the way don't laugh you might pull the stitches out. Good Luck.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Listening to you okes reminds me to get my ticker checked. I'm on the average weight for my height thing but not very physically active. Don't smoke either but now I'm scared. Guess I'll have to increase the intake of red wine.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Wish u God speed and full recovery ! ....I m'slf don't like Mac the Knife,only had one op. for a hernia in seventy years!....i rather use alternative medicines and go for second,third ,fourth other opinions,least till i get one that thinks the same as me!
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Hey Dep - hope you're comfortable & well soon. My ma-in-law had a 4x bypass at 60, had some repairs along the way, took her muti & check ups religiously. Lived happily to 87. Just watch out for body aches if you're put onto Crestor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Thank you guys for all the support! Coming along well, ready to trade!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
DEP, dad got a heart bypass many years ago, and one of the things that really got to me was his stint of depression afterwards. It seems that the mental impact of a heart bypass should not be underestimated. So keep your spirits up and your head clear, and get going as soon as those 6 weeks have passed. Keep busy, especially you mind while you recover.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Had a 5X last year(age 58)...have since run a half marathon....as long as you did not have a heart attack you have merely cleaned the tubes...chick dig the scars!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos