Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Heita or 8ta 0 TKG new mobile launch

Not applicable
So I read through the launch stuff and nothing to exciting here. Unless they come in at 50% of existing network/call pricing etc I think they will be no-where slowly in 5 years. Anyone else got insight? Maybe that share jump has been overdone in the last little while and will settle back to 33/34 odd where it belongs for now.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Reminds me of a good phrase I heard on a show recently when I passed by the TV..... "every five minutes nothing happens here".....loved it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what the hell are you doing at 2am in the morning on OST?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There pricing is not bad hey.....and they got some nice extra things that should appeal to teens and students. There 1GB data bundles is R 250 (R0.24/MB) which is still a bit high. but some nice extras like the below: For every 3 minutes you receive you get 1 minute free to call Only 65c per minute ANY TIME to Telkom landlines Send 5 SMSs and get 50 FREE, for that day Calls to any SA mobile network at ONLY R1,50 per minute ANY TIME Unlimited 8.ta Call Me's to any network Calls to over 100 international destinations at R2.50 per minute anytime
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The comparissons are not very fair imo. I am on a MTN R350 and the per minute cost is R 2.30 or so per min and an extra data bundle each month which is pretty high. I find it quite unfair how contract customers get nothing back for being loyal customers - where contract customers account for most of network profists where their prepaid customers get all the price drops, promotions and discounts. (Not to forget my other 2 phone contracts for my voda contract and data card) bla...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They should have launched with a bundle of free minutes like 100 free Telkom minutes per month. They have 1 advantage over other networks which is home phones & they still own them because Neotel has been so ***** so far - TKG should have used that to their advantage to get people jumping on them with their launch.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Sign me up Now!,I have no loyalty to any of these bloodsuckers. What I want is to get the job done at the cheapest rate ( efficiency ). This news does put a spanner in the works regarding earnings forecasts for the other networks doesn't it?
0 Kudos