Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Hello Boys and Girls

john_1
Super Contributor
I have been away from all media for 10 days..what bliss! Any thing Fun been happening while I was gone..
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well the world didn;t end - that's a good start. But 2008 looks like beign the second worst year ever for the S&P500. Only worse year was 1931 (or was it 1932), makes no odds, both are history.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hozit mate.. ya its been well hell of a year...I certainly have learnt to pay attention to the January effect. Its a pitty that all this will have to come to an end, as it really has been a great time to be a trader.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wondered what happened to you.We thought u ran off with chartist....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...what u mean this will come to an end?.....the market will still be there presenting opportunities each day.....in fact of late we have had far less really great trade able days than normal....lots of chop first few days of December we hardly went anywhere...no nice gap closes to speak of....there is good volatility and not such great volatility....still on target as far as profit goes but it hasn't been enjoyable trading...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hozit Chartface..ya..we have had more unclosed gaps( same day closes) in the last couple of weeks then in all the time I have traded .. As for it coming to an end...I meant at some point in time the world will return to "normal" but for now the game is still on..no question...I have had a great year. What has changed is its no longer a one way bet South. What do you think..are we going to see that inverse H&S on the Daily Alsi chart unfold ...it would mean a mother of all rallies if it does.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well i dont know if you can call it a hell of a rally....more like an overedue retracement.....there is very little doubt that we will retrace to the 24000 ish level.....at some point....this will represent a move into the ambush zone.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Your 24000 level might come sooner than you think. US futures in the red, Asia just up, we're having a run like no other. Santa Claus dealing out nice presents this year...
0 Kudos