Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Hello Preston!!! how are you lately?... and who from long time ago is here still?

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Whats my buddy up to lately? and who from long time ago is still around?
0 Kudos
51 REPLIES 51
suki
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
everyones so quiet on this comment? lets see. are any of my long term investor friends here still and what have you gotten up to?
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Hi buddy, I am still around. Have been on leave for the past week and only return to work on the 26 September. Enjoying those special moments with my baby girl. Trading has been good to me, PPC , FSR , and WHL has been good to me , up R35K.
0 Kudos
conradl
Contributor
The real question is, where have you been Werner?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I have been quiet on the forum, but have read comments now and then, etc, portfolio still going strong and growing, still on my long term views :) I think we need to discuss long term stuff again like in the old days. that was fun!
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Hi Werner - depends on what you consider "long time ago" Good to see you back on the forum though.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Long term, as in I own shares i bought 8 years ago and still very happy with them... Ok, some companies change and need to be reconsidered then one alters here and there but the idea is to hold for very long time while things go well with the companies in question. that's my view!
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
aaah - rather meant your opening comment - who is here from long time ago....anyone remember "hategauteng" - where did he go?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
hahaha. ok cool. yes i remember that person... didnt we have so many interesting discussions with those people...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hategauteng busted out for the final time going short on a bullish ALSI
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
So how has everyone's portfolios treated them in the past few years?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
sounds like you very happy? that's awesome... so what do you think will happen in the next few years?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I dont know - and try not to predict - I rather try to pick a good company that has a decent earnings and div history, and let time do the rest....I guess. Having said that I have picked a few absolute dogs as well! So long as I can get my divs and I can reinvest these I am fairly happy.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Werner - I have also started backing my portfolio with an Autoshare Invest Account, where I buy SATRIX 40 and SATRIX Div monthly.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
The logic of selecting great companies is the best. that's what i try to do and so far with very good results! For some reason i had to buy a very small position in MIX Telematics a while ago, this is also for very long term and we'll see how that one goes.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
That's no good! Hopefully it wasnt a too large position and that he actually has other investments around. :)
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Hey Werner, long time man, I'm still around. Long term portfolio still going strong. Hope you've been well. You still holding EOH and GND?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I dumped GND a few years ago, recently it looks better, would have been nice to have a few again, but during that time of not much happening i allocated the cash to other investments that actually did better... i know i was a huge GND fan, but i guess things change... EOH on the other hand i hold every single share that i bought in 2005 and a few more, its doing great for me and i have no complaints. Aspen also one of my big winners, great company!
0 Kudos