Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Help Please!!

Brazen
Super Contributor
Anyone have any contact no. of someone in FNB homeloans department? They want to slap me with an outragous early bond cancellation fee and no one on the call centre is any use. Any advice or contacts much appreciated.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Try 011 2828039... Ask for Cornell
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks DC-baby. You're a darling.
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
Give them 3 months notice , they can't charge you .
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks maciver but my buyer won't be happy to wait 3 months. They want to lodge next week. It's been a very speedy transfer.
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
Maybe the thing to do is keep your bond account open with a min amount of say 1000 , use it for the next property ( save costs ) and / or then give the notice .
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Ah! That's great advice - let me give them a call. Thanks maciver.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I had the same problem but got it sorted. Are you going to be raising a new bond for a new property? if so and you use FNB they wont penalise you for early cancellation if you registering one on the next property. if that still doesnt help I'll give you the number of the dude to sort it out.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks much TZ. Yip, they've said that if I go with them in the next 6 months, which is very likely, they'll give me a full cash refund. It just pisses me off tho, basically they hold their clients hostage. What can you do.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Did that number work Brazen?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I know ladies on the Cape Town docks with more ethics than the banks. N'fact, I reckon the ladies on the docks are the mothers of bank managers.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks DC, he was extremely helpful. Told me about the 6 months refund thing. Much appreciated.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
And they probably give you more interest than the banks!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
TIP... when you apply for the new home loan, go through a bond originator, who do all the work for you and get you the best rates from all the banks. if say absa is offering a beeter rate than fnb ask them to bring that up with fnb after which fnb will lower there rate as they hungry for business. register the bond and once you have the new bond with fnb ask for your refund otherwise they wont be competitive on rate from square 1.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Hoo boy! Has Don Selebioni got some tea/breakfast friends looking for a licence?
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
....and its crumpet all round for the bHoyZ, eh DST.....the real reason I went to Germany!
0 Kudos