Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Help needed

Brommie
Frequent Contributor
I forgot that the divident was going to be paid today and did not sell the shares yesterday. The share price declined 9% today triggering my stop loss. The stop loss was not executed. I presume that there was no buyers at my stop loss price. What are the forums thoughts on this share? Short term that is. I have a lot of milk and bread money tied up in this company which I actually need. I have learned a very impotant lesson today - that is to include on my Excell spread sheet not only a target price but also a selling date.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ABuzz
Super Contributor
I don't know how quickly you need to get out, but if not too quickly, this share is likely to climb again over the next 4 - 6 weeks. Yes, not to the pre-dividend level, but definitely to a better level than it is at now. If you can hold out it would probably be worth doing so, but if not, why not sell in batches at say 50 - 70c splits as it climbs, to allow you to eat and drink in the meantime (obviously you need to check the viability, relative to the brkerage costs etc.) but if you are sitting with enough of them, you should be able to off-load them over a relatively short time-span and still get a decent average price on them as you sell on their way up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
am bullish ;hold on , be patient ;divs are up there
0 Kudos