Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Help to make money

fdewaal
Contributor
I would like to get commnents on the following: I have R30 000 per month spare, would like to make money but know too little to do it myself, what options are available. 7 years before retirement.
0 Kudos
48 REPLIES 48
Not applicable
Depending on your risk appetite, and adventurousness, start looking at ; Allan Gray, then Satrix, then with funnymunny,; trade like the rest of us idiots. ! Bwhahaha. highway to a straightjacket.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
LOL, DONT go to Julius, he made millions from nothing then took billions of other peoples money and turned it into nothing!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Get a piece of farmland and start to stock it with cattle.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Well, with R30K there are a few opptions, 1. satrix, 2, you could invest in wine usually has a return of about 15%. 3. you could get into short term money lending. 4. you could trade goods into Zim. 4 you could buy bulk commodities like flat sheet steel from china, and then sell it on to smaller usesers, I believe that there is a 45% arbitrage in the price. thats just off the top of my head.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
The only return I manage to get from wine is the joy it brings as it slides down the throat...
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
I would purchase as many steaks as my money would buy, as there will be a huge shortfall during the world cup and your profit will far outstripp any share on the J.S.E.
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
Put evering in satrix; in 7 years you'l have enough to do all of the stuff mentioned above!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hmm, after thiz article, http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page302584?oid=342611&sn=2009+Detail&pid=287226 , satrix underperformed the top40 but 1.3%.....is it really the best option then for wealth building?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Fdw,I don't believe your whole post is true.Firstly,If you have R30000 per month spare and are 7 years away from retirement,what have you been doing with your money up to now?Have you never had financial advice or learnt to invest your money?Secondly,why come to a chat forum of mostly high risk takers for financial advice? Anyway,congrats on having so much money,a lot of forumites don't even have capital of R30000.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
moneyweb couldn't give us less information if they tried .. they got a strory an do nothing with it leaving the reader uninformed at best ..
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
How many people can outperform the top 40 solely?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if there are no costs - half .. that said it is easier then it seems, but people tend to under preform because they don't understand risk, over trade and want to be rich in a hurry ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think the angle was more on fees, badly presented I admit, but did exclude the divs payable over those 5 years it would seem, but the question still remains is it a safe bet for investing?
For the low risk, no time to actively track, no intention to learn high risk models client, like my kids to be education fund, Satrix is a good starting point. Does/will it beat inflation over the time...I guess time will tell.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
over the long term the local market has always beaten inflation, by a factor of around 2 or 2.2 ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
If I was you, I'll invest R18,000 per into Satrix Rafi or Div and R12,000 per month into Investec Property fund - re-investing all dividend and income. Get all the necessary info and go direct.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Heard of rsabonds? investigate?Desvr
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you know too little about making money but you in such a strong position,how did u do it? Based on your current position u are outsmarting most pros bro!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In all likelyhood he did what we all should be doing or some have done, paid of his debts completely. Mortgage, car loans, personal loans, kids education etc etc. After these are gone I admit even I have spare cash to do what I want with. My three properties all paid off in under 7 years and now rent pays me to live amongst other things. and I am still many many years from retirement. So saash I am not amonst the oldest here....
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Rent a mansion, open a brothel and advertise on this forum. You can retire now. . . why wait seven years.
0 Kudos