Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Help to make money

Not applicable
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
This is already being done by a pig farmer, and he sells his electricity back to the grid. The rubbish dump system generates enough electricity to run over 10 000 std homes.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
If there was a cowdung ETF, 30K a month might yield some decent returns?!? Oh and we need an eggshell ETF too.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Its easy to trade cow dung. You just gotto offer to remove it from local farms free of charge - then drive over to the land-fill site and sell it per cubic meter.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Ah - there we go, invest the R30k in bukkies and shovellers. Spend your time smoking pipe with the local farmers :-) Negotiation skills needed for getting the optimal price for Sh;t.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Big returns from organics. My earthworms double their numbers every month i.e. 100% pm compounded from feeding off kitchen and garden waste. Also don't forget the eggshells. Calcium phosphate (eggshells, bones, rock phosphate) + sulphuric acid = superphosphate - a chemical that civilisation depends upon.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
The Karan beef feedlot in Heidelberg (the biggest in africa) will be supplying manure for energy generation. We won't discuss the ethics of keeping cows in cages, but at least a little "green-ness" to result... http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/lesedi-to-build-r150m-manure-to-power-plant-in-heidelberg-2...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
If u take the methane and under the right conditions u can convert it to ethane and then in a normal reaction u combine it with water and the final product will be Alcohol.The first reaction might be costly though. Add a flavour and take the product to the liquer store!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I will start my "anti-cows-in-cages" protest on their lawn in the morning. There must be more expensive and humane ways to do this!
0 Kudos