Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

High for 2010

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so the ALSI closed at the highh for the year yesterday .. pic at http://ow.ly/2PNyo
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable
i think a correction very close.Seems if we are in the euphoria stage.All bad news ignored.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well last time al bad news was ignored, it went on for 4 years ..
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
the interesting thing though is that the market went up in the last two weeks on the back of a surge in industrials. if there is a sector switch and commodities start going up as well we might see this market going up even more.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
the last two months
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Simon stop tempting fate. You always tell us to Trade the Price. LOL.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip .. but the price told you too buy a month or so back ..
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Unfortunatly I can only buy when I have spare cash - but I did add to some holdings I have about two or three months ago.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, what did you see a month or two back? What told you that the ALSI would go through the roof? This whole game is a case of playing the odds. But it sounds like you saw something. What was it? Share the knowledge.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not alsi .. lazy system gave me a confirmed indi25 buy on 31 Aug ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, is it possible to have the formula for your lazy system. i'd like to check out the backtested results
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't code .. so no coding .. I also don't back test so don't have that either ..
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
The source code is all in RMTL. Real men test live.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
It means nothing at all now because a month or so back nobody knew, if you still in now, sure you got lucky because you tried to break even but got more lucky with some profit.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah dude .. not luck .. tis a system that's been working for almost 5 years ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
exactly, it is all about picking up recognisable patterns out of the noise and acting on them.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
recognisable patterns a little advanced for me .. I just trade the probability - which is what MA cross over offers ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
umm, that is a recognisable pattern too
0 Kudos