Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Historic company reports

Herms
Contributor
Hi there. I would like to know if anybody here is aware of somewhere where I would be able to find Historic data of any SA company dating from 1980. I only need basic info such as earnings or cash flow etc. Any company will do. Pardon my ignorance but I wasn't even born back then and I have to do a assignment for my one class and would like to do it about the effect that differentiating cash flows/ earnings might have on a share price. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Blik
Super Contributor
You should be able to download the complete summarised financials from the SFM site. Use the Price History function on each companies page and choose the complete or full record. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Herms
Contributor
Thank you for the reply Blik. This doesn't quite do it though. I still can't seem to find data for this long of a timeframe. Thnk you once again.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
pre 1994 you are going to seriously struggle. You could try going directly tot he company sec. and try a company that was around back then, such as PIK
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Apartheid museum should have a copy.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
You could try contacting the Profile guys who do the Stock Exchange Hand Book. We have a few at our office that are from the middle 90s.
0 Kudos
Herms
Contributor
Thank you for all of your input. I thought I have decided to change my angle a little as information such as this seems to be nearly impossible to get by. Now I am looking for historic return figures in the JSE stock exchenge. Any advice on where to find these? Must be from 1980. Thank you once again.
0 Kudos
Herms
Contributor
Thank you for all of your input. I thought I have decided to change my angle a little as information such as this seems to be nearly impossible to get by. Now I am looking for historic return figures in the JSE stock exchenge. Any advice on where to find these? Must be from 1980. Thank you once again.
0 Kudos