Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Hmm.... what to do

Not applicable
Still very early to probably be doing this but eish, DOW down ever so slight (healthy pullback/pause I guess) Rand slightly softer (so far) commodities also taking a small nap. I see German prelim GDP q/q on tap and others in Eurozone. JPY confidence holding steady so overall a reasonably uneventful morning (Unless german and eurozone GDP figures change for worse). Only interest could be US trade balances in later afternoon.
I think a 300/350 point trading range. Might see a small down in the morning to around same levels yesterday 23800/223850 but advancing later to about 24250. Closing ever so slightly positive. Lets see how horribly wrong I can be this time?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
john_1
Super Contributor
No offence but your thinking way to hard... Markets will gap down/up then close their gap then find an uneasy balence then move up/down down later... it the same every day.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
me thinks you both thinking to hard .. markets will move, either; up, down or sideways .. we just trade the price .. save the thinking for which wine to have with dinner tonight ..
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Going for the Rupert & Rothchild Classic 2006....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
aha .. and I was given a case of just that for my birthday .. so today really looking up, I don't even have to think about my wine selection for dinner ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thinking = dangerous..I am analysing ;-) John you said a while ago by putting your thoughts/predictions out their and being "In the Zone" more often than not could land you a good job (not that I am looking). So I am going against the teachings of the article I sent you the other day. It's not about being right and poor rather about being rich and not caring about being right.... But really just having some fun. What harm can it do? No one trades my predictions seriously anyway (hopefully) so they not loosing anything....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
PS... Happy Birthday...now I feel bad I forgot.SORRY. As for the wine we drank a case the other night ...helped stop me thinking.LOL
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oops, yes Happy birthday. I have a bottle I could send over but you sorted and I dont think my tall horse red compares anyway ;-(
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well so far so good. We went down to 23887 (almost 23850) and back to 24100 almosr 24200 but we have the afternoon to do the rest so lets see..... hope you all traded the range correctly so far
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rats, missed my targets of 23200 but still a nice trading day. Have a great week end guys
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hehehe.... must be that lunch affecting my typing. ment to say 24200...
0 Kudos