Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Hmmm

Not applicable
a crossover is not an indicator...it is a parameter used in a system...dont obfuscate the issue throwing in the names of people I admire and respect. I made no comment about these people. very childish of you to try and create that impression...
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
no you said: "indicators the refuge of the chart illiterate..."
John Carter uses an indicator system, hence he must be a chart illiterate.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John carter uses indicators as filters. His squeeze indicator relies on crossovers of price...he has created an system which he has termed the squeeze indicator. He downplays the use of traditional indicators..I have spoken to hiom about this personally. He is a great trader. The silly inferrences you make show a mind which battles with rational thought....all white swans are swans but not all swans are white...get it?
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
obviously Im well versed in his squeeze system if you read the post above. The system doesnt say anywhere use it as a filter, its a mechanical system. If squeeze is triggered go in direction of momentum, put stop loss in, ...its purely mechanical.

I also do understand the swan analogy but thats def not what came across in your initial post.
Do you feel that you always have to put other people down to get your point across?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
First proper trade I have done with IG markets CFDs (no CFDs on this counter at OST) and its already in the money. So much for my empty shoulder errr is it head cant recall. lol.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sponono, if you got IG an OST, can you check if IG shades the price .. is the live bid offer same on both IG an OST ??
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
IG shows bids and offers (same as OST) % changes and changes in cents no last traded price. by the way their CFD cost is a commission of 0.2% of the value traded as opposed to 0.35%+R50 from OST
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what interest is earned on initial margin and what do you pay for the 'loan' and receive if short ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
found it .. an the 0.2% is min R100 so only applies on trades over R50k ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hmm ...i hope your stops are in
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
what stops? 30% in the money already with a gearing of 9. how about you? how is the shoulder or is it the head?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
love it when a plan comes together
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Good call....one of the best performers today....Charty learnt something? That he can be wrong all the time?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
entry 3275 exit 3504 profit 69% thank you Mr Market. forgot where the head was it the shoulder or neck? cant recall.
0 Kudos