Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Holding Steady.

barry_1
Super Contributor
There is definitely a steady rise in the share price since the middle of Aug.This share, if held as a turbo, has five days to go before automatic roll over into a new turbo.This is the Standards first time they have carried out the automatic roll over.If my athrithmatic serves me correctly i should be given more turbos than i now hold as this is a geared instrument and the new turbo,depending on the price at the time of the roll over? I am also not sure what the charges will be?.......Declaration date for the final will be 18 of Sept and LDT datearound 14 Oct.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Hey Barry; FSR seems to have broken its downtrend, and could set a new higher high quite soon. Reckon the banks as a whole are lookin good - all the bad news they can handle and then some, already in the price. We be in investec just now - but looking at others too.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
barry, no charges from us nor SB derivatives.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Simon,that is a definite advantage,as in the past it would have counted as two transactions i.e. selling and buying!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Worth looking into as resources have so many extraenous issues surrounding themat this time,thanks.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
If one chooses to roll over the turbo, is this seen as a sale and therefor taxable or does one only pay tax(assuming a profit)once you sell the turbo as opposed to continuing to roll it over and not attracting a taxable event?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Excellent question,but one i don't see us getting an answer to as nobody is likely to stick their neck out!One could ask the receiver,but as they are not so clued up as we are,they usually answer no to be on the safe side!
0 Kudos