Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Holding

Not applicable
DRD seems to be holding well today, any thoughts on where this can go in the short term. Thanks
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Wizard
Super Contributor
A very pessimistic target 5-5,1. Realistic target at the 200EMA and optimistic long shot over 6
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
DRD could shoot to R180 per share. Time will tell.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why R180. is there something I missed
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi wizard what does 200 ema mean??? sorry new to this
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It's a moving average on the graphs. It's seen by the traders or investors as an important level. It's basically the average closing price for the share over the last 200 trading days. For DRD it stands on 560. On the SBK charts, where it's written SMA>> change it to EMA and on the left of it you will see the default setting in the edit is on 12. Just change it to 200 and the green line will adjust accordingly on the graph. With a rough estimate u can see it's 560.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wizzard or any one else....this share also listed in the States. Should there be any correlation on price movements / sentiment between the two exchanges. DRD flat on JSE yesterday but down 8% in US. I guess what im trying to ask is would a strong close on the one relate to a strong open on the other?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It's the same share. Whatever happens there it will be reflected here otherwise from a theoretical point of view there will be arbitrage opportunities. If the market was open today the share was going to trade at 440.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The dog turned around and had a bit of a bite last night :)
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
do you think she will recover today after that hounding yesterday.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Last couple of days i sold out of DRD and AFO,yesterday sold call warrants in ANG ,GFI,HAR....The gold price must be watched,when gold turns upwards on weakness of rescue plan and increases in price will be a play again!
0 Kudos
jannie2
Contributor
gus , I am still holding drd - what made it loose 10 % yesterday. ?
0 Kudos