Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Holiday reading

john_1
Super Contributor
Hi Guys it would be a lie to say that I have missed you motley fools however I can say that I am looking forward to getting back into the markets and hearing from my friends on the forum. My holiday reading has been ' The Great Crash 1929 and Tulipmania" I have also just spent the last 10 days with my mother in law so if I come back a little bearish please understand.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Wizard
Super Contributor
Did mom in law lose few bucks back in 1929?
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Hi John. Nice to have you back. My trading reading is currently "Market Wizards" by Schwager (and got "New Market Wizards" as a follow up). What a great read! I find it difficult to read technical books last thing at night, but Market Wizards is interviews with great traders and very easy reading. Inspiring stuff and highly recommended to anyone who hasn't read these two books.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John wuzup playa......????
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Reading The New Market Wizards - which I bought a long time ago and re-discovered it on my bookshelf last week. Agree with you Tango - lots of insight and learnings from the "wizards". The Schwager interview writing style leaves on exited, realistic and provides a better understanding of the individual psychology / personality of different successful stock and derivative traders.
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Do you buy these books online and if so where?????
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Last couple have been Kalahari.net.. sometimes use Amazon (got a great hard-back Ben Graham from them) and sometimes Exclusive (great coffee-table illustrated 'Reminiscences of a Stock Operator')
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I found the "New Market Wizards" in the local library some time back - I'm a real Scrooge
0 Kudos