Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Holiday to london

zn
Contributor
Hi Guys i'm going on a small holiday to London on the 13th, when will be a good time to buy Pounds, as i went to Rennies today and their pound exchange rate went up R0.50 today, any idea when will be a good time to buy, and from whom, please, and many thanks
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
destech
Contributor
Buy before 7 May 2007. Anytime after that it will be more expensive. :) Just kidding zn, but OMO says that ZAR will weaken more if interest rate goes up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it was this time last year i went to ireland. had the same predicament.trying to predict exchange rates. I had bought some euros a month or 2 earlier @ around R7 then when i got back sold them for R9+ . I say just buy them and dont stress yourself about the rate.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The beer is going to cost no matter what the exchange I agree with tribalzone, when I go I think in pounds, makes every thing seem very cheap!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
I agree, just buy, possibly Rennies the best, depending on your budget. When in need for Euro swap sterling @ HM post office
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
See if you can get hold of a 'Travel wallet' card from Rennies or Master Currency or whoever you use. I got one before my last trip to the US and it worked very well - you put a fixed amount onto the card at the exchange rate on the day you change, and then it works like a debit card. You can swipe it anywhere and use foreign ATMs and nobody can take more off the card than you have loaded it with. Saves lugging loads of cash and it fixes your exchange rate (for better or worse)
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
0 Kudos