Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

House wanted to Buy

Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, dont you think it an idea for your boet to wait until after the elections before buying? Im thinking property aint gonna recover that much until next year but if the u know what hits the fan we could be in for a fair bit of downside. Just take a look at what happened when Chris harni got shot in the 90s... wasnt pretty.
0 Kudos
cjm
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
Platsak,...also interested, my email is [email protected], many thanks.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
is this your gross rental -what are your operational expenses?
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
niemand
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
My apologies. Sent the emails. Only checked the posting this morning.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Platsak....you mentioned on the 21 Jan "SBK Property" thread that you were a 1 stop property wizard...please be so kind as to mail me yours & your colleagues [email protected] comments on units near varsity's is especially true...have 4 units in Newlands..2x2 bed & 2x3 bed which I bought in 2000...bought 2 for my kids & through student word of mouth had bought the other 2 by Sept./ Oct of that year...the one 3 bed is "owned" by med students, the other 3 are rotated by the Engineering Fac or Bus. Science ninja's....and -+ 80% are from my area of abode & I know the parents. Good business but the trips to CT are are a pain in the arrr.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Big bonus that you know the parents of the little sh*ts. Still feel remorse about a commune I lived in as a student. 6 of us and hangers on were not good to that place.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Ja B....advantage of age is that you have so many t-shirts,tattoos & scars!...the parents understand that their little "angels" are no different to what they were like & they don't wanna talk about THAT...so no complaints in putting a loaded deposit down...yip, digs/communes are a mare! flats have some sort of control system...if we had the 2nd hand building material market that is around today in them days...the roof, windows & doors would be gonna's...AND that's for a start!...hope you guys are holding up with the H2O situation....rrrhaaaait she said: barman, make it a double Cape to Rio on the rocks! Keep well Madame Brazenski & salaams to the dune boarder.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
There is another opportunity opening up in property wherein you buy a property on a on a section 21 installment from the owner. Transaction is registered in the deeds office so there is security. No credit applications at the bank. Was not used much in the past but this type of transaction is becoming much more frequent.
0 Kudos