Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How can I expose myself to silver?

Not applicable
Hi, I would like to expose myself directly to silver. I suppose indrectly I can go for BHP Billiton. Is there not something for silver as there is NewGold for gold? Silver bullion?
0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Be careful thats how the lone ranger started and it ruined Tontos life.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
or stand naked in front of a mirror?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Look, I'm just asking for advise. At least help me in the right direction...
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I advise you to get a GPS.....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can't .. unless you bvuy some at a flea market, an that'll be over paying ..
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
I've got a nice queen Anne dinner service with UK hornmarks but a bit of a dink on the main teapot... make u a good price?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Look, I know it's obvious that I don't know much about investing. I'm in a different type of business unlike most economic slaves on this forum. Many put it, just gears of the machine. You guys can probably only keep the lady happy as long as the markets are good. That is sad...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
silver gone up 8% a year for the last 10 years youll probably do better in property.
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Did you enjoy stroking your little tie gamma spike?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Peter piper. They all very bored since Chartboy left. They just poking cos it's entertaining. Silver is def not for this forum. Gotta get the bullion. Gotta hold it long term though, cos the comm on purchase and sale is pretty high, but the returns are good. Need to shop around a bit to find the lowest com as you can. 5% com is doing good. Most com on retail is around 25%.
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
. No rusks for the silver bull then
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks asylum and saash for some advice.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
you can also buy old R1 coins they are 80% silver (pre some yaer which I forget) most coin dealers will sell them IF you can find the coins.
0 Kudos