Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How can we improve the Useability of the website

platsak
Super Contributor
In the opinion of the forum how can we improve on the website. My first opinion is that in the my watchlist page all data on the watchlist must be available without the use of that irritating scroll bar on the bottom of the page. Can problably be done by removing some fields or making the menu on the left hand side a drop down menu. Or shift the settings field earlier on the page and shift the less used fields later.
0 Kudos
45 REPLIES 45
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
I agree with the above - perhaps use two lines per share? Or at least have it as an option, instead of having to scroll. Another wish on my list is: the ability to set alerts on index entries on the watchlist.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
platsak...wasting your breath....when Simon started here I recall all the new admirable sentiments....I recall emailing an extensive list of improvements which from a daily users view point would make the website more usable...I also recall being told just how useful and insightful this information was....well thats where it stayed...admirable sentiments..which is why they have essentially lost me as a customer...all I use the site for is to moan...
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Have a site-wide "always show live prices" switch. Is there one already? I'm always having to set that each time I want to trade or see my home page etc etc. Why, when the watch lists can be set permanently? -------------------------------------------------------- Under detailed watch lists, move some of the buttons lower, or have an AJAX expand type window. The rationale is that I look at the prices every day, many times, but I rarely use the buttons, so I have to scroll down every visit to the page. -------------------------------------------------------- The forum stuff could have a lot of small fixes that could help a lot. I won't even start unless someone at Std Bank cares enough :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
commited involved inspired...always good for a laugh...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Chartist. From a website developer perspective a lot of the changes will not be very difficult as its only really adding new ways to get to the existing functionality. Increased functionality will problably lead to more business and less losses. In a corporate environment I am sure whomever is responsible for standard banks website management holds quarterly meetings where they discuss these issues and pat themselves on the back afterwards without apparantly at this stage considering changes. It should be a matter of getting the ideas to that persons and getting them to eventually respond to all of us as a collective forum with something sensical. Invariably they will give template anwers in the beginnng like we are ivestigating the matter. We have apointed a committee to investigate etc etc.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Would be useful if it can be converted to a spread sheet type,with columns,rwos,easier for comparisons etc.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Barry. You mean like a .csv export function to exel.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
platsak...as someone said earlier...first you have to care....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
First improvement to get rid of the netnanny and i agree,find someone that cares.Tell Simon to join ANC he will fit in perfectly, because if it doesnt effect him he doesnt care a damn.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Ok guys. Lets keep this thread constructive e.g. Please no personal bashing.
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
It was asked before and i ask again that there should be a FAQ page that informes of basic things like tax isues and the like.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
under my account ==> tax statements, there is a sars document re tax ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I sell software and have a forum. I swear, if I took this on my forum I'd fricken close it down and tell them to talk somewhere else :)
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Agreed. I suspect ranting isn't the approach most likely to be successful.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Very minor points:
  • On the forum, if a message is a reply, that the whole message is indented to the right, not just the first line.
  • Likewise when we insert bullet points, that the entire paragraph is indented to the right beyond the bullet, not just the first line.
  • In the FAQ section, a basic introduction to HTML to allow us to format our messages nicely.
  • If everyone can emphasise their points using formatting rather than bad language, perhaps there will be less need for the Netnanny.
    0 Kudos
    Werner_1
    Super Contributor
    Guys, i don't know if you realised it but one can configure the watchlist to only show the fields you like, my watchlists are set to always fit in one page, even it the page is minimised to window format and not full screen. Barry, you can select all the watchlist data and copy it into Excel, i do that daily... You guys really complain so much about this platform, but how does the others compare, PSG, Absa, etc. can they do as much as we can online here with OST (training, research, analysis, all the company details, etc)? Simon, maybe i am not the most frequent user as i am a long term investor, but i manage to work through the site quite effectively and all works very well for me. As i told you a while back for long term investors there could be some interesting charting or portfolio views, but i am very happy here...
    0 Kudos
    platsak
    Super Contributor
    Timato. Yo mean I can enter HTML code in the message and it will display like that. In the beginning I have taken pains to format my text to make it apear nicely. The sstem however throws away all the formatting on submission and it comes out in one long paragaph. Please give us the quick tour.
    0 Kudos
    Not applicable
    0 Kudos