Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How can we improve the Useability of the website

Not applicable
Do you see how easy it would be if we had FAQ's?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I agree that FAQ's are great, and we are expanding (including looking to use video for website tips/usage). But reality is that most people don't use them - certainly my call center sees lots of Q's around issues that are dealt with in the FAQ.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, back to the issue at hand: see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_element for a discussion of formatting tags. My message above uses the br (line-break), b (bold), ul and li (bullet list) tags. I also tried to use i (italics) but it was ignored. I have not tried any of the other tags. Some of them, like tables, may be useful, albeit very laborious to type. An example of a message similar to the one above is shown below. HTML tags must be delimited by triangular brackets; I have used round brackets so that the tags will be displayed and not interpreted as tags. I am going to use the pre tag for the first time below:

This is an example message with (b)bold text(/b) and(br) (ul)(li)one bullet point; and(/li) (li)another bullet point.(/li)(/ul) There is also (i)italics(/i) that doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And when are we gonna get free stuff?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Brazen, you can get free 15 minute delayed stock prices. lol...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So then the pre tag doesn't work; what about the code tag? Also, I'm going to change the example to use (ampersand)lt; for less-than and (ampersand)gt; for greater-than:

This is an example message with <b>bold text</b> and <br> <ul><li>one bullet point; and</li> <li>another bullet point. </li> </ul> There is also <i>italics</i> that doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
it might be interesting, Simon, that if guys start coding the HTML on the forum, the more advanced could place Javascript within their comments, is this handled or not, it could create a bit of an issue, not?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My nefarious intention in testing how much HTML I can get working here, is to hack into your account and steal all your GND shares!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Simon in the warrants pages is it not possible to display the underlying share price?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So the <code> tag also didn't do its work; at least the ampersand stuff worked, so it makes brackets in the example correct; let me format the example with manual <br> tags:

This is an example message with <b>bold text</b> and<br>
<ul><li>one bullet point; and</li>
<li>another bullet point. </li></ul>
There is also <i>italics</i> that doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Where are the FAQ's? I don't see them under help and education? The FAQ's may not stops the same questions being asked, but it may allow a briefer answer with a referral to the FAQ.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no java, and only limited html for security and formatting reasons ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Fortunately Simon says no Java... otherwise some issues... But i will watch my GND shares carefully from now on. lol...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos