Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How many people...

Not applicable
wished they had lef their cash in the bank instead of trying to be a seasoned investor in these times? Could have been used to pay a bit of your bond, school fees, that vacation you gonna put on your credit card. I don't...
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
99% of us wish that
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
school fees old chap school fees!
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
I do...bought agl at 153 and stop loss at 134 according to its 5yr low...well the stop triggered in the 134's and subsequently shot back to the 140's. Lost all the nice profits on GLD and then some. Yes, could have bought me a really nice TAG or a vacation or .....etc etc Anyway...u lose some and u lose some more....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Think of it as having paid a fee for a very practical investment course. Knowledge is not free
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
Only some of us can learn from other people's mistakes. The rest of us have to be the other people.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Nice FIVE nice :) Reconciling sheer stupidity appears my achilles heel though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Paying twice to learn the same lesson is mine
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hear you, but how many times do you need to pay to learn this lesson? I'm on my second lesson now and it's not looking good. Could have would have...
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
My ultrabear alter-ego was having a fit in late 2006/2007, so since then have been in cash with a few small adventures here and there.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Now now... Chin up everyone. Forget the past - look forward - keep trying. Time, patience and intelligent work and one must make some sort of progress. You could lose money in the markets in the long term and it's even likely that you will. But with inflation you are guaranteed to lose money by leaving it in the bank. Leave aside that you could have spent it on that holiday long before inflation ever got to it... Do I sound like a unit trust salesman or what?
0 Kudos