Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How to bridge from engineering to finance

Not applicable
To be very honest with you skaapjop, 2007 Student, 2008 I worked for Anglo platinum (left coz there was nothing new every day, at least for six months) 2009 Dunlop tyres. These two years of industry I felt something dying in me. And I need to do something with or without help. Though I was a bursar at IDC, how could I propose this for founding again?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Byrant89..,, Well the idea was to do financial engineering, but according to unisa financial engineering is only on masters level and not honors level. Which side is your focus (computers OR mathematics). If possible please organize people whom I can direct my question at TUKS. THANX A 1OOO FOR UR INPUT.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddy66.., this could be the road we travel together especially that you know golf, I don't get the rules and never understand why golfers get paid soo much. I think boxers should be paid the most as well as basketball player. Any ways please do keep intouch.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I've herd of CFA, but don't have much details on it. Please brief on ways about it.
0 Kudos
byrant89
Occasional Contributor
Give me your e-mail address and I will forward you the details but Tuks do have an honors programme in financial engineering. The masters course in financial engineering at Tuks doesn't really have a choice between computers or mathematics, its kind of a blend of everything as there is a good amount of maths and a good amount of programming involved.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Well u need to know where your passion is. You need to know what your final goal is. Finance and the stock market is not a simple game. I'm almost finishing studying 3rd year subjects of the BCom and that has helped a lot. I've done a lot of reading on the stock market and finally the experience. It's been a long road to where I'm now. I suppose I could have become a top engineer, but probably swung in this direction just in time.
0 Kudos