Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How to pull of a migration from IMP to AMS on ssf

Alibaba
Contributor
There seems to be a sentiment that AMS would be a better punt than IMP on a long. It also seemed so as AMS hauled it in past IMP yesterday. Now I sit on an IMP long at 177 since mid Oct, I'm in no hurry and have a bit of faith in the eventual upswing but would obviously look for a strategy to get onto a better horse. Is there a strategy I can use to swop horses without the loot falling by the wayside? Also heard that Plat fell $5 this morning, may IMP be more resilient and AMS drop a bit for a switch?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
richardw
Super Contributor
Why not just hold both, if you can afford it?
0 Kudos
Alibaba
Contributor
Thought about that but then I reduce my kitty to dabble with AGL, BIL, SOL and others. I have also only traded constantly for just over a year only, and as they say in Plett if you wanna make a million here, start with two...
0 Kudos
Pluto
Contributor
In my market watch - IMP is more highly geared to the Pt price than AMS - and it is working out that IMP falls more easily than AMS when the price dips and rises less than AMS as the price improves. IMP recently was upgraed by one of the investment banks and that has given it a few legs in the last few days. I would punt AMS until the recovery becomes a bull market and then my preference might switch to IMP but based on price action evidence.
0 Kudos