Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How to set a Stop Profit limit

Not applicable
Hi Guys I have managed to set a stop loss on Richemont, but how do I set a stop profit for lets say 2% above the ruling price. I would value any assiatanve that you may provide. Kind Regards. JA
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
Sorry thats assistance (not assiatanve - Spelling!!!)
0 Kudos
leminus2
Regular Contributor
You would just put in an order to sell at a certain price?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Stop profit now there is one for the books!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hahahahahahah, sorry almost fell of my chair. I think you are in the wrong business.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Snakepit - I think you may find that if you knew me, you might have a different opinion. Its Friday afternoon why are you not on the golf course. Why laugh at the use of an incorrect term, when there has been several members who have kindly 'donated' a minute of there time to educate a new user.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
a stop profit is a perfectly legamit concept, also called a conditional order .. youu can hack the stop loss system by placing the trigger price above the current ruling ..
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Look at Trailing Stop Loss "Triggers when a variable price level is crossed. The variable trigger price trails the products ruling price by a fixed amount or percentage". It's an option when selecting stop loss.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Hi Johnny - I don't know very much about trading, but Richemont is a share you can keep in your long term portfolio for the kids - again depending on your personal needs. Good Luck!
0 Kudos
The_Jackal
Occasional Visitor
New user signing in. Play nice chaps!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Good idea Johnny aa because you have planned your entry and exit.Dont worry about Snake, his words are stronger than his bite...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Many Thanks to all who have contributed to my education - This is a learning curve - Albeit sometimes an expensive one. Regards JA
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Okay, okay apology. I am not laughing at the concept. I am laughing at the name! Stop-Profit in a business that is all about making as much profit as possible? I think they call this something like an oxy-moron or something like that. I speak under correction.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Sometimes less is more, especially in this business.Anyway why are up so late in the night?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Research. The financial world never sleeps, just the people in it.
0 Kudos