Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How to value Pallinghurst

Not applicable
17% of portfolio value lies in platmin - which still has to get firing, and very little is known about its projected cash costs and production. 24% lies in Faberge, but I have tried in vain, and can find absolutely nothing about the balance sheet of this company. 25% of the portfolio is in cash, which is a good thing right now. The rest is split up in steelfeed business and a missfiring Gemfields investment (2.6%). So how do we arrive at a price? I guess everything rides on Faberge and Platmin, which makes PGL a pretty risky bet, IMO.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
john_1
Super Contributor
As far as I know they also own some very valuble land from a solar energy perspective.. but thats just a side thought.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Have not seen any reference to that?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Lots of land just north of the orange river if I remember
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
look at Richmont as regards Faberge- BUT where is their stuff made - eg if Swiss made then not good - in this business its all about outlets - and this is super rich stuff - a naroooooow market - but one less inclined to suffer when compared wiht Richmont's.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Reading their prospectus, the value proposition around Faberge is that they are circumventing the expensive luxury store distribution model in favour of online sales. This is a completely untested model, so the jury is out as to whether it will succeed.
0 Kudos