Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Huge international braking news event ...

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Telephonic offer from First Prime in Tokyo: a certain Duncan Edwards leading me on to invest in 500 shares @ $126,51 via him as broker in Trans Ocean Drilling. Breaking news: this company moving on big merger with Global Sante Fe - put them in control of 50% of world's oil drilling capacity. Morgan Stanley already took up 5 million pre market shares. This afternoon Trans Ocean shareholders' meeting to finalise negotiations. Expected that T O shares will move north in the tune of $200 per share within 90 days. Wants me to place R415 500 in his trust and give me his honest word as professional that I am to make big tax free moolah. Wants to build trust and we can take it from there. Gave me his phone no, fax no, email, and some web sites to check out. Confirming all along that he is not there to rape me but to give me a exclusive opportunity to become a rich man. No problem to get money out of country, they have the ways and means and currency restrictions no problem. I had to cut him off after 20 minutes of his verbal diarrhoea. Should I try this out for once and then bale out? Have to know what you guys think, anyone to club in? - he's to phone me in an hour, because :-) I have to buy time to find ways to release that amount from my fixed deposit.
0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
asylum
Super Contributor
If it sounds to good to be true ....need i say more!
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I have some beautiful green emeralds for sale,cheap.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hey an opportunity like this only comes around once in your life.....
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
The guy's located in Tokyo (he could be located in Antarctica or anywhere else). His call didn't register his number on our telephone system, although it sounded as if coming from abroad, due to the time delay in voice trabsfer.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Have you seen the movie boiler Room, sounds like a speech right out of the movie.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
I was waiting for this one - and I've seen the movie but could not recall the name. Thanks, I'm going to give him this one.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I need drinking money for the weekend - can I give you the off -sales' account number for you to transfer sufficient funds to make it a memorable weekend?
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Dude, I am not saying this guy is the real thing. However i am in Korea and working for a company that has contracts with Trans Ocean Drilling. I can tell you that the company is involved in a lot of good things at the moment. They are currently building 4 new drilling rigs and all to be contracted to Chevron (unlike some small players that are building on speculation). They have a number in operation and have super contacts with Oil majors all for about 5years with options to extend. Second to Oil companies i would invest in drilling companies like Sea Drill, Odfjell, Petroserve to name a few. these companies were in the game years ago when oil was at it's lowest, they have the assets to serve the worlds drilling pro grammes. Rigs with deep water capacity are in extreme shortage. They command anywhere from $420K per day for the use of their rigs. TO has patents for their drilling systems that the other drilling companies are buying with the boom. OMO
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Hi, S: 'suppose the other forumites now also read your post with more interest. I'm not to keen to take up this offer, Tokyo is too far off and the broker only a voice -and to put R400+k in this will kill me instantly. Anybody wanting to speak to Duncan Edwards? I will tell him that I've a number of buddies who are extremely interested :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes ask him to give me a call....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just out of interest HOW dit he get your contact number? and why phone you?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so this offer is so excellent that he has to cold call people half way across the world to get interest? If it was any good why doesn't he have a Q outside his office?
,br>TYhe reality here is usually that the offer is coming from an under writing company who are strugglign to off load allt he stock and they have given up a comitment to take up the excess, so now they trying to ditch it. persoanlly wouldn't even bother to answer his call.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
'Suppose he was following the yellow pages and decided I look like having moolah to spare... No, seriously, he said he got hold of my name from a fellow investor, but would not elaborate. His number (in Tokyo) 81345801998 or email [email protected]
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that domain is owned by www.firtsprimegroup.com, but both url's only have access to webmail login! Why no web page explaining; what, who, where, why?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
from a fellow investor, but would not elaborate and he wants you to fork out 400K give me a break. Please.
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Ditto. Don't touch it. These guys are very smooth and trained to talk the talk. Will spend as long and as much as it takes on phone calls to get their money.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
or simply a straight out scam, ala 419. can guarantee you one thing, this is no deal. I recall the same thing going around a few months back, and someone talking about it on the forum? anyone recall the story that time?

best way forward, chartist to call and record one of his famous telephone interviews. that will makea good friday afternoon chuckle.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I wonder if Morgan Stanley can confirm their taking up of pre market shares. It's all very well to name drop...... The way I see it it is a chance to make a lot of money or lose it. To me it is a no brainer - better safe than sorry! And what if it is all true - once your money is in his account, would you ever see it again or be able to hunt him down?
0 Kudos