Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I-Net Consensus Recommendation

john_1
Super Contributor
I was wondering What does a (HOLD+) mean ? Does it mean hold the share with a grin and a thumbs up, or does it mean buy more. In which case does that not mean the recomendation is a buy, In the same way does aA (HOLD-) mean hold with a grimmise and a butt plug.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Inet says the following: Hold+ : Under consideration for possible upgrade to an outperform. No mention of a butt plug. :P
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi John,i thought i was alone in critising the Inets geriatic club.See the running battle i had with their recomendations on GND, and now they have ARL and RBW as buy + ,when i started tipping them they had them as sell.A couple of weeks ago they moved APB down to a Hold- from a Buy ,two weeks later they moved it back to a BUY,I earnestly hope nobody took their advice as they would have lost out.Who are these faceless individuals,what payment etc do they get for this farce?IF I'M TOLD A SHARE IS HOLD MINUS,I WOULD THINK TO SELL IT AT ONCE!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Barry, I-Net is a consensus view, not any one person/company. They poll analysis get all their views and then distribute the average. So all it really is is the general view of the analysis community and I-Net is just the passer on of the views.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I bought Merafe last month when Inet upgraded it from a Hold position to a Buy. Made me a very nice profit. Thanks Inet!
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
Then there's Metorex (MTX)... Gamble solely on Inet's "BUY+"... I only regret not buying more!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Simon,I just get so frustrated,although they get it right sometimes,i've found a consensus is not always the best method of doing things.Perhaps their briefs are too wide as an anylist cannot know everything about every share.Also i've never worked out just what HOLD minus means.In the past they had IMP as a BUY during a market crash,i see nowdays their predictions are for shorter periods which is an improvement.
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
0 Kudos