Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I am going out of my mind with Bordom!

Not applicable
the boys are back in town....Ola Y, John and Zarpie....man tis been years. I may join you'll in the near future. Moved from Gautengaleng in Dec and now here at Dolphin Beach.....just down the road from Blue Peter! Busy studying for this blasted gmat which ain't easy at myt age! Btw Y...have'nt received me dividends from J&J yeti.....or is it all gone on senoritas and tequila's at the AGM;-)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I've been giving this MBA thing quite a bit of thought and wondering if I should enroll at Wits, but I'm in two worlds about it. Don't know if it's going to be worth the R105k and two years of hard labour. I might end up being too pale for the private sector, even with this qualification.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kwagga dude, my 2c is that an mba ain't worth the paper it's written on....HOWEVER....where u get it matters, primarily about the network. Also best way to go is full time (1 year) so u make the most of the network interaction. In these respects UCT is the only choice for me. Oh, and dont worry about the pale face locally but rather beef up ur cv for the international market....sa is going to bananadom real quick....hence my insaneity of doing mba next year and msc the following at age 38!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Dinnen.. why dont you join us at Blue Peter in the morning... One day off class to "network with chops" wont hurt when you can actually network with people going places...US!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lol John...now that I know I've moved to my kinda "chopburbia" will definitely be seeing u okes in the near future....unfortunately tomorrow is out for me tho'...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi John.I see there's rain forecast for Tuesday et al....###Never mind,let's drink anyway.I'll be the guy with the Tan jacket and jeans.Till later.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The Wild Hair from the 70s will be enough...heh.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dinen: Yeah,pity.We could have got into some post World War III, strategizing.Where will the value areas be,etc. ? Then again,that only starts happening after Beer No. 6 ( following the uselessness of Oscillators,Rand-predictions,Climate Change and the vast Food shortages building.).Hence,only 2 beers.Welcome to the West Coast.We shall meet sometime.
0 Kudos
Farina
Contributor
Blue Peters in blaaueberg? I am around the corner in Sunset Beach, will try to make it if it is on
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well I have met the ZARP.... older than I expected but weather beater as you might expect from a man who has flown that close to the sun... Great to meet him, articulate and carries the wisdom of somebody who has travelled this journey.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Interesting - Sounds like he had quite a story to tell. Pity I couldn't join you for a drink.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The ZARP thanks you,John.It was a good 1h30min spent.And yes,nice to have met another trader for the first time.Takes the virtual out of it,for a change.Adios.
0 Kudos