Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I am highly upset with MTN....

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I cannot believe that this company cannot supply a BlackBerry Bold 9000 or 9700 to me... for about 1 month I have been asking them each week if they have stock anywhere in the country and the answer is NO... unbelievable, why can they just not get stock of this phone, they have the cheaper models but the one that is in demand is the Bold, somehow someone totally misjudged demand and supply of these devices... I am wondering if Vodacom has the Bold in stock, does anyone know... If I could cancel my contract i would leave MTN today to go to Vodacom if they have the phone... I dont think i will ever by a share in MTN as a result of my battles with their employees! lol... Both AT&T and T-Mobile have excellent service in USA and could supply the phone to me immediately if i was in USA. Maybe i need to go there to get my phone. haha. seems that its the only option... Its unbelievable how these guys operate here in SA!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
AT&T and T-Mobile may be able to supply you the phone in a hurry .. but their service is hardly good an their networks are even worse ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
true, they under heavy load now... iPhone caused AT&T to crash a few times. lol... but i want a phone and the SA companies seem to not be able to supply - i am shocked at that! the phone is not even new, its more than 1 year old and the new model is already selling like hell in USA, i actually want that but that will be a desaster to ask for...
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
call 083 123 3667 see if they can assist.. This is MTN Direct if they have stock they will deliver the handset to you
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
if you do not come right give me your number and I will see what can be done..The number I gave you was for a new line Is this an upgrade?? and on what number? if so then give me your contact details and I will try and get one of my buds to assist you
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Player, will try the number just now...
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Just read a very interesting research report from Morgan Stanley (Oct 2009) indicating that "usage of mobile devices on IP-based networks should surprise to upside for years to come and bandwidth suppliers (telcos / cable) face serious challenges in managing incremental traffic". Report also indicates that 3G penetration in Middle East and Africa to go from 7% to 25% by 2012. Werner, looks like even our "3rd world" Telco's are being surprised by demand here. This is why I remain bullish on MTN...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Player... I have to thank you again, just called them and spoke to a very helpful guy who arranged a phone for me... just waiting for his email now, but all seems to be sorted out now... next time i will call them directly!!! thanks again! you were a huge help...
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos