Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I am shorting big time now!!!

Tom168
Frequent Contributor
ITs going to be the best trade you will ever make I just shorted billiton at 19600 and sbk at 8040.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
_nova
Super Contributor
You ever see what happens to them blokes in Pamplona? You know, those who try to run in front of stampeding Bulls?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I read somewhere that those who like pi**ing into the wind, can't complain about their laundry bill.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Since iv been monitoring all the news going on, i have not yet seen any solid reasons why the market is bouncing so much, but i rate its still to early to short, Tom, please give a reason why u think nows the time to short
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think you will have to wait for Wall Street to break support on the hourly before you can have any reason for shorting. At this stage, it's still in the hourly channel.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Mr S, I do not think Tom will bother to answer you; dont hold your breath.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Not sure what tom,s reasons are for Bil but SBK may be a good call if you look at the weekly chart from Nov 2007 the trend is still down with 8100 res and 6000 support also trading way above 22day ema and on upper bol probably also little overbought could be a good short
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'd wait for a sign of reversal rather than try to call a top. A dead bull bounce can last for weeks if not days.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am buying SBK for long term...
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
i agree with call to short BIL if it does not break 200, 19600 area has been too big a ask over the last 4 months or so, but 10% yesterday does cause me to hesitate
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Either bil will go down or up depending on next day or two close.If above 19800 possibility of move towards 21000.I dont think so.Last traded above 19800 26 Sept,failed on17 Dec 19700 high,failed 6 Jan 19800 high,9 Feb 19800 high.Looks like major resistance at these levels.I will wait for confirmation,I personaly think maybe a bit of down leg coming up?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hey tom, hows the short on the topi doing ??
0 Kudos
MenuOption
Frequent Contributor
Simon, I miss your point. If he shorted yesterday at close, like he indicated, then he is in the green by 1.x percent.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
cept he was shorting the topi on tuesday or wednesday .. so way way under water .. in fact stopped out ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Simon
I assume that Tom emailed you or spoke to you giving you explicit permission to reveal how his trades and Stops are doing..... or do you automatically have the right and largesse to breach confidentiality? Very concerning..... :(
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tom would have mentioned his Tuesday/Wednesday trade on the group somewhere for Simon to have brought it up. (Simon, remember to pop me that email on how Chartist's long term portfolio is doing)
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Tom, are you still short Or are you out?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
huh ?? he posted on the forum ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Damn, just could not bring myself to go long AGL in a bear trend. Will wait for tthe next resistance level to short.
0 Kudos