Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I can almost hear it

asylum
Super Contributor
mama bear sharpening her claws for the the carnage to come
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
going to take my shotgun and shoot them
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
hope you have a good shot...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why are there so many coming or are you also hoping these bears dissappear
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I've had it with the bears, have no cash left to buy cheap shares, so now it needs to go upwards... got some SOL and PPC cheaply recently, would have liked some WHL but rather chose the other 2.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Werner. Read SBK TA on Sol. Beware as there is potential to the downside.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
i dont think they are about to go away, this is right up thier ally, i mean thyve waited how long for this, ask Zarp or Org were now playing on thier turf and i dont think they are ready to let go just yet.omo
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Will check it out, thanks, I do hold for the long term and only added to my position recently that has been opened for quite some time, so i am not that worried about fluctuations.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i shot miss the bears are back
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
i will give you a bigger gun for next time. maybe some Artilary or something? lol.
0 Kudos
J12
Frequent Contributor
I think this is just some daily volatility. It's been a while since Lehman crashed and now that the US elections are over, I think there will be a bit more confidence in the markets. They should recover over the next few weeks.(I hope!)
0 Kudos
Jobarshares
Contributor
Unless the new chief has some rabbits to pull out of a hat, I can't see the economic crisis just dissapearing by printing new money and selecting a new chief. The boat is sinking, patching it here and there woun't stop the water from overspilling, OMO.
0 Kudos
J12
Frequent Contributor
Good point. It's true that the sub-prime crisis may not be over yet, but I personally don't think that it's changed the fundamental value of many companies. Market prices are largely determined by investors EXPECTATIONS of future earnings and I don't think that next years earnings will be as low as the market is pricing it at the moment. This is just short term fear gripping the market because of the recent collapse of MAJOR banks and as soon as investors realise that earnings potential is still good (esp. in South Africa), expectations of future earnings will increase (greed might even return) and markets will rise.
0 Kudos