Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I did a naughty thing.....

Not applicable
Got so *****y that I didnt clear out my position at the end of the day...traded long right up to 24975 and then went short which worked out...but didnt reach my target ....so now I am short overnight....stupid i know....thats one of the most difficult things for me to do ....to stop when I should esp when you have had a good day....very disappointed in myself....
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable
that word was c o c k y.....after the way a hen male chicken walks....it has nothing to do with a piel
0 Kudos
Not applicable
really SFM ...time to grow up...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HEHEHE...I knew u get it wrong sometimes. I only just rcently learnt to control myself, BUT I STILL MAKE THE SAME *****TY mistakes!!!LOL Do'nt worry u will recover!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no mkadir...you have got it wrong....I made money and we will see whether that move made me money....I hope it doesnt cause then I would be taught a lesson....doing the wrong thing can sometimes make you money ...that doesnt mean it was the right thing....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AHH. i understand. But don't u think that since we fell slightly short of resistance. the market might open lower then possibly a bounce??? Wat do you think???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes thats what I thought....but what I think is irrelevant...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks. Lets wait an see what happens tomorrow.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
In the same boat Chartist... Eishkom power cuts meant I'm open overnight, short position. Let's hope the boat doesn't sink, but that the market does. Asian markets just shot a cannonball through that ship!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah DC trader....power cuts/adsl link problems and a modem which was damaged cause of the power outages has made life difficult....its my own fault though. I always used to have a back up but I have not had things ready when they need to be. I have now bought a decent UPS which will give me about an hours uptime....I have laptop on standby with operating systems running and a 3 g phone which I can connect to the internet with. I would urge everyone to have these double back ups...
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
G... overkill there on the backup ;). I've got a Russian spy ready to infiltrate the markets if my power goes down. Or wait... he's a French spy working for SocGen. Dude lost me a bit of cash! I need to try a different platform for futures etc Chartist... playing TOP Waves here is too slow and you never get your entry and exits timed right. DWT margin is quite high... R18k/contract. Gt247 is not an option... what else you suggest?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bloddy hell. FF this damn internet *****ty speed!!!
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Anyone using IdealCFDs? See it's got a smaller margin for futures contracts, etc? Tired of playing wave warrants here.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
DC why is gt247 not an option?
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
yes. Nice bunch, awesome charting, and the CFD products are good. Very simple, automated stops work properly (unlike trying to manage stops on warrants), constant gearing, no expiry/decay issues. Call them and ask for a demo account. I use SFM for shares, and Ideal for any geared trades
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
sorry for my ignorance but what dont they comply to, reason im asking was looking at opening an account with them im currently playing on demo acc and if theres a problem i would like to know thanks.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
O, nothing on their side. There are compliance issues in place if you're employed by a listed company and internal regs of that company regarding trading, etc. etc.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Did you get a bit burnt this morning chartist? Still holding your short? JSE so fickel, it just follows the FTSE. If the Union buildings had to be bombed, JZ assinated, floods, etc etc we'd still go up if the FTSE went up. Even with all our mines closing due to Eskom...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no i didnt get burnt...I waited for the gap to close and actually made a decent profit....point is had I not been short overnight I would have made much more playing the gap....plus the pain is just not worth it......
0 Kudos