Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I don't understand.....

barry_1
Super Contributor
Agreed,but not every one is a trader,there are so many new traders that don't understand the shorting method of quickly out!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I agree,Barry,doesn't make sense to me to short in a bull market.Rather go long on pullbacks to support, with stops just below the support.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Russ,good to have u back,i know what it feel like,when in the marketas long as i have. Never really get used to coming a cropper, but it happens to all traders,many many times!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks,Barry,most people who have a fortune have lost a fortune at some time or other.I'm going to become one of them!The main thing is to learn from your mistakes,and from other forumites' mistakes!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
For the benefit of the newbees,the most important thing is to have an exit strategy before you enter a trade,especially if the trade goes against you,and then stick to it.DON'T TAKE THE BIG LOSSES!This is not new advice,but cannot be repeated often enough.
0 Kudos