Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I find this auto log-out quite annoying Simon...

JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Simon, just note that to bypass the auto log out (as mentioned plenty of times on this forum) is as easy as copy and pasting the following link into your browser -
https://www.scmb.co.za/servlets/za.co.scmb.www.fetcher.EquitiesSecureFetcher/newframes.asp
Ive actually got it in a Word document on my desktop! Now if it is actually this easy to bypass the auto logout, maybe consideration should be given to cancel it altogether or making it something ridiculous as in 1 hour or so? Just a comment in the bypass....
On a serious note, have you seen the DOW!!! MAN!!! DEfinately a big gap UP open for us I'd reckon. Also appears that some big players were shorting this afternoon on futures and gonna add some oil to the fire in trying to cover in the am. Cheers
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
thank you, will try that. have also been trying the day's history pages and that seems to work sometimes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon. With regards to your answer to my input: Daytraders are online all day. The problem arises when youre into the risky stuff like waves and you need to do a trade quickly, you discover youve been timed-out because youve been watching your streamer constantly and now have to log-on again.The time lapse costs you, believe me. You didnt react to the indemnity part? Is it at all possible?
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
ha ha. well, if he is in SA or worse still Zim, then that is a fair enough claim i would say.
smoke stack, that being JHB?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for response(s) Simon. I will try Jonny's URL suggestion in the morning - I think 20 - 30 minutes will make a substantial difference IMO.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
That won't get you past the auto-logout.. only work if you are already logged in but you've closed your browser or it crashed. You can load the browser up and drop the link in and it will continue your session
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
If you are a 'daytrader', you're an idiot to use the SFM platform... I like this site and I do all my share trading through here, but this is not designed as a real-time trading platform, nor are warrants/waves good instruments for daytrading. 'Daytraders' using this site are kidding themselves. At the very least you need to find instruments with very low trading costs and tight spreads, and you need reliable real-time prices and charting.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Let me throw a spanner in the works here. When I am using my laptop, I find the time too short, but when I am using my Blackberry I find it too long, cos for whatever reason it isn't possible to log out on the blackberry (it just won't show me the logout icon), so the shut out then is too long for me to wait to log back in
0 Kudos